Saturday, October 21, 2006

Missing Ohio

Yea...I'm missing "home" in Ohio. I just got off the phone with my mom, so that's part of it. But, this weekend is Apple Stirrin'...which I believe I've gone to every year since 1997, with the exception of '04- but I was in Europe then so it didn't matter! I've been there with Jess, and I miss Jess. She's so far away. I miss talking to her on the phone, miss seeing her! I also miss our 2x weekly lunch dates from last fall... :(

I just miss fall in Ohio. I hated it when I lived there, but now that I'm gone, I want to go back. Apple Stirrin', FUS campus in the fall, Algonquin Mill Festival, freezing cold fall nights spent bowling with the Clln and James, flag football, ultimate frisbee, spontaneous movie nights with friends, Thanksgiving with my family, long walks down 39 and up 646 on cool but perfect fall evenings...I miss it all!

I guess it doesn't help that I've just been sitting in my room all day. I love weekends, but I hate them. I love that I can do what I want, but I hate when I have nothing planned and don't feel like I can leave my room because the P's are all over the place. I mean, my bed's comfy enough to read on, but I'd love to sit on the couch. However, if I wander out there, then I'll get into a conversation with Dani or Ando, or the kids will want me to read to them, and I just need "me" time, especially after this week. Ando was gone from Sunday-Friday (in Ohio, no less!) and so I ended up working much more than usual...plus the babysitting gig on Thursday night which ran until after midnight. Not fun, when you have to get up at 6 am, let me tell you what!

Ok, I'm done complaining. Seriously though, you people in Ohio-- savor all the little festivals and fall time. Do it for me, okay? Thank ya!

It's been busy here since the baptism on Oct. 8- but now I'm a godmother!!! And my godson Aidan is absolutely adorable. Grandma, who lost her hair b/c of chemo, has a wig that she wore to the baptism. It has a bit of a reddish hue, but it works. Heh... There are plenty of pictures in my album, so check them out :)

I've been busy with the kids as well. Autumn in New England is really an experience- it's absolutely gorgeous! A few weeks ago I took Z-Man and Little Miss apple picking- so fun! It was the first time for either of them, and Z-Man had a blast picking his own apples. Little Miss did as well, and she cracked me up when she just snapped an apple from the tree and chomped down. Yummy!

A few days later, the kids had off school because it was Columbus Day, so I took all three of them hiking at a nearby park. I had Little Miss on my back, J was the trailmaster in charge of the map, and Z-Man was in his glory. At one point, J decided to give me a break and offered to carry Little Miss...it was adorable to see a 7 year old with a huge backpack and a toddler strapped to his back. It lasted about 2 minutes, but I got a great picture!

I am SO tired of potty training Z-Man. I've been doing it for 4 months, and I'm just worn out. I don't know how to get him to realize that HE has to tell me when he has to go, that I can't tell. Supposedly we (me, the school, his parents) are going to go full force this coming week. I'm hoping that means just sticking him in underwear and plopping him on the toilet every 1/2 hr-1 hr. If we keep this up the way it's been going, I'm going to get burnt out. Very fast.

Little Miss has been very adorable lately. She and I had a busy week. On Tuesday, we went with Jenn to the mall up in NH for lunch. Jenn had a very old gift certificate to one of the "teen stores" that she wanted to use, but nothing in that store was going to fit either of us, so Jenn ended up getting Little Miss a stuffed toy monkey- a very adorable one! We lost it in Baby Gap and had to run all around the mall trying to find it again- we found it! We took Little Miss to lunch at Bertucci's, which is a yummy Italian/pizza place. Little Miss was welll behaved for the most part and loved the free bread!

I can't for the life of me remember what we did on Wednesday...I know we did something, lol! I'll remember later...On Thursday, Little Miss and I met Jenn and two boys she was babysitting at the park, went to BK for lunch, and then Mon and Em came over for the afternoon. At the park I met another nanny from a town close by, and she let me know that there's a nanny group meeting at the playground on Tuesday! I am psyched and totally plan on attending!

Yesterday I took Little Miss and Z-Man to a place called Imagine That- basically it's 1200 sq. ft. of playspace, broken up by area. A junglegym (big enough for me, btw), art center, store, etc. We were there about 3 hours and they both had a complete blast.

Last weekend was fun as well. It was a perfect mix of craziness and down time for me, lol! On Saturday night I babysat for a 1 1/2 y/o boy during one of Kris' friend's wedding receptions. It was way too easy- he went to sleep by 7:30 and then I just read a book and wrote until midnight! On Sunday, I FINALLY got to talk to Amata (seriously...that girl is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get ahold of!) while Kris and I were on our way to CT for a Nields house concert- which was just awesome...even though I was getting smashed on the couch by a large random man. Haha...the concert was great, though!!

I haven't been doing anything today...but I slept in til 9!! That never happens on Saturdays for me, lol. Later tonight Jenn is coming over, and once the kids are in bed we're going to have some fun. Probably just a movie since Jenn's "babysitting" them and we can't go anywhere, but hey that's okay! I'll introduce her to my dear friend Nutella, which I recently rediscovered...ohhh man guys remember that stuff? We ate it on EVERYTHING- no wonder we all gained 20 lbs living in Europe....LOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)