|You Are a Night Person|
For you, there's nothing worse than having to get up and moving early.
In fact, you probably don't hit your peak until well after the sun has set.
So if your struggling to make it on a normal schedule, realize it's not your fault.
You just weren't meant to do anything during the day!
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Friday, March 30, 2007
1. Who was your best friend (in high school)? Probably Johanna, at least in the beginning of high school. We took a ton of classes together, lived a half mile apart, and talked on the phone every day. At the age when most people were finishing up high school, I was living at college and had new friends.
2. What sports did you play? Flag football and ultimate frisbee
3. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't drive in high school- I didn't get my license until I was 19.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you? Probably doing homework or at a teen night with local teens. We would play games and eat food. Wild group were we!
5. Were you a party animal? No, not in high school.
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? There really was no "in crowd" because I was homeschooled. So, yes!
7. Ever skip school? Not until college.
8. Ever smoke? Yes, when I was 10. But that wasn't in high school.
9. Were you a nerd? Always have been, always will be.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Haha, from my mom? No. But, I came close in college!
11. Can you sing the alma mater? From HS? No way, because we didn't have one, unless you want to count praise & worship music. I can't sing the one from college either, although I've heard it.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? I had two in HS. Both from a homeschooling program. Both were in college at the time. One was Miss D., who taught us history. She got married at the end of that year and we made her a quilt. She's now a proud mom of 2 (last I knew, she could have more by now). The other one was Miss K., who was our literature teacher. She's also married now and has a little boy who is adorable! They were both awesome teachers...
13. Favorite class? Hmm...probably history.
14. What was your school’s full name? Didn't have one.
15. School mascot? n/a
16. Did you go to Prom? Nope, there wasn't one.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Nah, I liked school but I'm glad to be done.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? Nothing, I didn't have a graduation ceremony.
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? Eh...I didn't have a senior year of HS. Told you I was weird.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? No idea what that even is.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Well I was in college, and yes. I don't remember if I was working custodial or in the distance learning office at that time, but I had a job.
22. Who did you date? nobody
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? The pub where I had dinner yesterday!
24. Have you gained weight since then? Haha, yes. I spent four months living in Austria, how could I not?
25. What did you do after graduation? I graduated in December of one year, had my wisdom teeth out right before Christmas, and was in college.
Also from Zed
1. Where do you live? In the US ;)
2. What's the most recognizable geographic or architectural feature visible from where you're sitting? There are none...unless you count the hills and ponds...lol
3. Favorite and worst features of the area in which you live. Favorite: I live in the country and love it Worst: I'm a bit far from anything...
4. Best local restaurant you've discovered recently. I just got back here 3 weeks ago so I haven't discovered any. I haven't even been out to eat since I've been back.
5. Do you follow local politics? Not at all.
6. How’s the weather? It's lovely! I actually don't mind the weather here...right now it's about 70*
7. And the traffic? Barely any!
8. Best local sports team? Haha.
9. If finances weren’t an issue, would you stay in the same town? No, and I will be moving from here shortly!
10. During a non-rush hour period, how long would it take you to drive from the northernmost edge to the southern edge of your city/town? East to west? Umm...5 minutes, maybe. Not a big town.
What are you proud of? Besides the fact that I'm doing this on a Friday? My little sister Rachael. She's doing such a great job with reading lately! Now if only we could get her on that bike...
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? The only prize I can actually remember was in 2nd grade. I got a cool M & Ms little guy filled with candy corn, which I loved at the time. I used it from October (when I won it) until June or so, when whatever candy I had in there was bee infested. My mom made me throw it out and I was mad!
Name something you do that is a waste of time. Um, blogging. LOL. I mostly do it to vent and no one reads it anyway. :) Oh yea, and reading other blogs. Mostly because I don't know (IRL anyway) the people who write them. I love getting to know other people though! Adding again...I like online quizzes...such a waste of time. I waste a lot of time! ;)
In what year of your life did you change the most? I'm assuming between the time I was born and I turned 1. Hehe.
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil? The ocean. I loooooooove it.
No, it's friends that I'm having a hard time with. They've all changed in the year that I've been gone. All of them have joined households, resulting in many new friends, all of whom I don't know. They have new boyfriends, fiances, activities, clubs, pastimes, sports. Which is fine...after all, I was gone a year. I shouldn't expect them to change. But still, it would be lovely to just hang out with my old friends and relax, instead of focusing on trying to get to know all these new people that supposedly are so great. I'm sure they are great, I have no doubt about that. I don't know WHY I have problems with this, except that I miss my friends. The way they were. They are all so busy but claim to want to see me. So, I call them, all of them. Guess how many call back? 1. Many kudos to Marg for that! I'm a hard friend to get rid of, so I'll keep trying to get ahold of them, but eventually I can take the hint and I'll back off. I hope it doesn't come to that, because I really do treasure our friendships.
Anyway, what a jumbled mess of a post this is. Ah, well.
On the job front, things are going okay. I had a phone interview that went well last night and have another one on Monday. Next week I'm going to Michigan to visit my sister for Easter, so that should be fun.
Last night, I went back to my old college to hang out with my sister (and some of her crazzzzy friends). I was hoping to see some of my friends as well, but guess what? That didn't happen. Oh well, at least my sister and I had fun! We had dinner in the pub, and then went up to her dorm room to try and figure out her messed up money situation. Then we drove to Wal-Mart and picked up a few things (only one thing for me, although I was sooo tempted to get more. I'm trying to be stingy on the money front, and it's hard!). Afterwards, we went back to the dorm and hung out with some teens I've known for 10 years...which was hilarious. I broke into some girl's dorm room to turn off her stinkin' alarm which was kinda fun. It was weird weird WEIRD being on campus again. I really don't like being up there... after this May, there really won't be anyone I know there (except my sister and her friends, most of whom I love) so maybe it'll get better? It's just weird seeing "friends" from Austria or people I took classes with, and wanting to have a conversation with them...and yet, they stare right through you as if you've never met. I hate that.
Okay, enough of the craziness that's not even writing. Happy Weekend!
Monday, March 26, 2007
|You Are Mint Green|
Balanced and calm, you have mastered the philosophy of living well.
Your friends seek you out for support, and you are able to bring stability to chaotic situations.
You're very open and cheerful - and you feel like you have a lot of freedom in life.
Your future may hold any number of exciting things, and you're ready for all of them!
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Name two things that made you smile this week.
- Seeing T today and being able to have lunch with her
- Hearing that my little friend Josh is now pottytrained...the power of friends!
Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?
-Don't you hate it when you move back to your parents house and they don't have cable so you can't watch Grey's Anatomy?!!? ARGH...LOL. Thank goodness for ABC.com
When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
- I think about nothing
What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
- I have no idea...I'm not really in a philosophical mood right now
What is your favorite pasta dish?
|You Have Your Emotions in Check|
You are an incredibly stable and happy person.
Ever consider being a therapist?
You have figured out how to keep a positive outlook, no matter what.
You don't have an easier life than anyone else. You just have figured things out a little more.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?
Lately, since I've been unemployed, my bedtime has been about 1-2 am. When I was working and had to get up at 6, I tried to to go to bed at 10 but usually failed. ;) I love nighttime, so the later my bedtime, the happier I am.
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?
I think it depends on what myself and my friends are going through- If I'm going through a rough patch, I receive more, but lately I've been giving more.
Describe a memorable meal you've had.
Hmm...the one that comes to mind was the "Thanksgiving" feast we had in Austria. Our poor school tried so hard to make us a nice American meal, but none of us felt like we were home in the US (basically, they failed). It was a wonderful time of fun and fellowship, but in our hearts we were missing our families.
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.
Any of the books by Karen Kingsbury. This amazing writer has a way of pulling you in...and making you think!
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?
Either orange or grape...love both!
Friday, March 09, 2007
Thursday, March 08, 2007
What does the color pink make you think of? Jenn, and my soap dish ;)
Name something you thought you had lost, but later found. Ehh...there was a t-shirt that I loved and almost lost...but found! It was from one of my first years of 4-H camp
In 3 words, describe this past week. Exhausting. Challenging. Wonderful
What are you obsessed with? Baby names :)
What kind of perfume or cologne do you like to wear? I really don't have a favorite... heh
|Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISTP)|
Your personality type is reserved, methodical, spirited, and intense.
Only about 6% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 8% of all men
You are Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Days until I will actually get to Ohio: it's looking like 5...nah I don't drive that slowly, but I'm staying in the Eastern US until Tuesday I think!
Life is nuts right now. I'm exhausted. Everything is packed between 2 cars. Half of my belongings are in Rhode Island right now. My birthday was nice even though Jenn brought a cake to dinner and had the waitresses sing "Happy Birthday" and then I had to kiss a moose. Haha. The Z-ster will love that picture.
Going out again tonight...dinner w/ my bosses, some last minute errands, possibly karaoke, and then hopefully to bed semi-early. I need it.