Friday, April 06, 2007

Old BTWs

~Spring Break~

By the way...
Do you have any fond memories of spring breaks gone by?
The first one that comes to mind is Spring '05- my friend Danielle and I flew to Orlando, FL for the week. In '04 I went on a mission trip to Juarez, Mexico, which was also amazing, just in a different way.

----

~Birthstones~

By the way...
What is your birthstone? Amethyst
Do you like the color, does your birthstone mean anything to you? I don't really care for purple-- so no, but I don't hate it either
Do you have any jewelry or special items that contain your birthstone? Yes, I have earrings that were given to me by a wonderful friend a few years back. I wear them constantly!
If you know anything else about your birthstone's physical attributes or where its found, fill us in. Nada

---

~It's Almost Thanksgiving~

By the way...

Are you a traditionalist with the turkey, dressing, and all the trimmings? Yes- haha even though Thanksgiving was 5 months ago...
What is your favorite kind of pie? Apple
Will there be a green bean casserole on your table? Yep, and I usually make it
Share a little bit about your family Thanksgiving celebrations. We usually have a big family dinner. In the morning we watch the parade, and after the dinner everyone just sits around talking and laughing

---

~Left, Right~

By the way...
From where you are now sitting,
if you turn your head to the LEFT, what do you see? books, movies, paper, a heater, laundry, water, drinks...basically all my crap
What would you like to see? a clean floor

From where you are now sitting,
if you turn your head to the RIGHT, what do you see? the wall
What would you like to see? eh, the wall is fine

---

~Cell Phone Mania~

By the way.....
Are you an avid user/constant talker or never-turn-it-on/emergencies-only user? It's on, but doesn't work out here in the country anyway. I definitely don't talk constantly on it!
When did you buy your very first cell phone and why did you buy it? August '05 was the first one I actually bought, because I was traveling a lot and needed it for interviews. I had two before that though- one in Austria (Fall '04) and for my first nanny job (summer '05)
Describe your ringtone. Depends who's calling. I have 3: "Friends" by MWS for most of my friends, "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter for my friend Mon, and "The Office" theme song for everyone else
Do you consider your cell phone a necessity? Hmm...I would have a hard time getting rid of it now...

---

~Recreation This-n-That~

With the last official weekend of summer in full swing, everyone is enjoying their favorite activities.
By the way, what's your choice...

White Water Rafting or a Hot Air Balloon? I've always wanted to go white water rafting

Monopoly or Poker? Monopoly

Home Cookout or Favorite Restaurant? Cookout

Badminton or Volleyball? Volleyball

Billiards or Ping Pong? Ping-pong

Miniature Golf or Laser Tag? I haven't done laser tag in years- that would be fun

Pool or Lake? Hmm that's a hard one for me. I love both-- but I guess pool

Shopping or a Movie? Movie, I don't really like shopping.

Camp Site or Hotel? Haha, hotel

Mountain Biking or Horseback Riding? Biking!

Reading a Book or Playing Video Games? Book, hands down

Bird Watching or Cave Exploring? cave exploring- I used to go exploring in my G-pa's cave in NJ- what a blast!

Sailing or Jet Skis? Jet Skis

Flea Market or Football Game? Flea market

Fishing or Swimming? Swimming

---

~Tastes of Summer~

By the Way...
Which do you prefer?
watermelon, canteloupe, or peaches? canteloupe, I don't really like watermelon...or peaches
snowcones, popsicles, or an ice cream cone? good old ice cream cone
ice tea, lemonade, or a soda? iced tea
grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, or chicken? hmm...chicken I guess, especially if it's from Butcher Boy

---

~Live Events~

By the way...
Would you rather attend...
a rock concert or a bluegrass festival? yi- rock I guess, unless Nickel Creek is Bluegrass?
a car show or a craft show? crafts, I'm not into cars ;)
the ballet or a Broadway show? Broadway I guess...I'd be bored at either though
a Garth Brook’s concert or a Celine Dion concert? Celine Dion, can I bring my friend Colleen?? She looooves Celine!
Stars on Ice or a hockey game? Stars on Ice
the Grammies or the Oscars? Oscars

---

~Candy Dreams~

By the way...
Which do you prefer?

Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Milk
Hard candies or chewy candies? Both
Tootsie Pops or Blow Pops? Tootsie
Plain M&Ms or Peanut M&Ms? Plain
Are you tempted by the candy display at the grocery store check-out? Not usually
What is your absolute favorite candy? I don't know...I like Milkfuls but I also really miss my Austrian Milka and KinderEggs!

---

3 comments:

  1. This is cool. Did you come up with all thses questions on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, nope! Saw them on http://bythewaysunday.blogspot.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. childofprussia11/03/2009 8:45 PM

    Very cool blog! I lived in Austria for five years as a child, and I miss both Milka and KinderEier too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)