Thursday, November 15, 2007

Friday Feast #169


Appetizer
What was your first “real” job? If babysitting children outside the family doesn't count , then my first job was as a custodian in the dorms of a local college the summer that I was 16. I worked 3 days a week that summer. I was a custodian for a few years during the summer, school breaks, and semesters...so basically, what they say is true. "Once you start working, you don't stop!"

Soup
Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity? A church nearby me has a peaceful area with a lovely flowing fountain and wooden benches to sit on, so I've been there a few times. I also used to enjoy the "top of the hill" from where my parents live. It housed a bench, broken many times by teenage boys but still a place of quiet overlooking the 100+ acres of fields my next door neighbors own.

Salad
Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when… run a yellow light and it turns red when I'm still in the line of vision...whoops!

Main Course
What values did your parents instill in you? A healthy sense of following through with discipline. One time, when I was about 10 or 11, I defied my parents...probably called them names, though I don't remember that part. I was a very strong willed one, and I'm sure my parents had given me a warning or two. I kept on challenging them and was then informed that I'd lost a trip to the lake with the family and my grandfather. I was not a happy camper, pleaded that I would "be good!!!!" at the lake, but it was a lost cause. My parents stuck to their guns, and the family took off for a wonderful day of fun. My mother and I stayed home and I remember it to this day!

Dessert
Name 3 fads from your teenage years. Long skirts, long, flowing, curly hair, and no pierced ears... I was a Catholic, homeschooled gal, and this was the rage, if you could call it that. Around age 16 or 17, I started wearing short(er) skirts (or pants to church...gasp!), cut my straight hair to my shoulders, and by the age of 18 had 7 ear piercings. Ha.

Friday Feast

25 comments:

  1. I always thought that yellow meant speed up. ;)

    Great feast. Happy Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your creativity spot sounds so peaceful!! Great feast this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't be embarrassed running on yellow light..everyone does it hehehe..great feasting with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pierced earrings? I don't remember that in Catechism, but I didn't go to parochial school. Great list! Happy feasting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm really impressed with your parents discipline especially when you consider your mom gave up the day at the lake, too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  6. your salad was so funny! i do that too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your peaceful place for sparking creativity sounds lovely. Enjoyed all your dishes.

    Hapay feasting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great feast!

    I love your quiet spot..

    Feel welcome to visit me at:

    Laane's feast

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is it with teenage boys and breaking wooden seats? It seems to be a worldwide problem! Some nice, interesting facts there. Have a great weekend.

    My Friday's Feast is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great feast!! I too find myself in that same position (yellow lights).

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great feast you served up here. I enjoyed reading them. Over here in Malaysia, yellow light mean hurry up... :D

    Serena
    ChatnChill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following through on discipline is so important! Nothing makes me crazier than the mom who says, "If you do that again, I'm going to (insert punishment here)" and then DOESN'T DO IT.

    Okay, off my soap box. *G*

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great feast!! Your soup sounds wonderful! Wish I was there right now! :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tough main course! I'm such a pushover with my kids!

    Great dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,

    I enjoyed reading your soup. You did a great job at describing that peaceful spot. I could clearly see it in my mind's eye. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When running a yellow light seeing it turn red, I just call that pink!!

    Great feast!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your creativity spot sounds marvelous. Wish I had something like that....someday I hope to make a haven in my yard.
    Beautiful feast....and I had to think past babysitting as my first job too...I started that by age 7, those were different times though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Friday Feast. I have got caught running what I call a stale yellow light also. Did it once in front of a sheriff but he did nothing. Thank goodness.

    Have a nice weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol... ditto with crazy working mom,,, that's what yellow light means here in the Philippines. It's my first entry for FF, hope you'll find time to visit. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your creative place sounds very nice.
    Woooohooo on cutting loose on the earings!
    Great Feast!
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The church with fountain and benches sounds like a good place to reflect and relax.

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy feast!ehh I don't think yellow light is embarrassing I run a red light before and end up paying 500 dollar penalty..I could see my husband smoking ear when I told him about my ticket..hehehehe happy feast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just found your site "accidentally" but I am glad I did.

    I am interested in your picture, looks like a spot in ME, is it?

    I am an ocean lover a bit misplaced in Texas, but love to see pictures of lighthouses and water, reminds me of home.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)