Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was blessed to have both Thursday and Friday off from work (yay for working in a school!) and spent the four days off at my parents' house with 5 of my 6 younger siblings. My missing sibling is in Europe until next month.

Thanksgiving Day was spent laughing, eating, and just enjoying each other's company. We had two families over for dessert- we've done this for a few years now. One family has 9, almost 10 children, and the other has 6, so it made for a nice sized group of people! The adults all talk and the kids run off to play- the "party" went from about 6pm- 2am and was sooo much fun!

On Friday, we all just stayed around home. My sister, in her senior year of college worked on her interior design project all day, my 15 y/o brother, 12 y/o sister, 7 y/o sister and I played Scattergories, Pictionary, and Mastermind in between my reading books- I got though 5 during vacation!! That evening, some family friends came over to watch "Ratatouille". I hadn't seen the movie yet- it's cute!

On Saturday, a few of us went to see "Fred Claus". It was alright...definitely NOT worth $8-9 though. I was supposed to get together with my friend Marg as well, but that didn't pan out. I miss having friends. :(

Sunday was mostly church and then getting ready for the new week. My coworker is still gone (she went home to South America and returns tomorrow, yay!) so work has been kind of crazy. Yesterday the kids were wonderful at naptime, but today was just nuts. None of the kids who usually nap, napped. And the ones who don't nap anyway were spinning circles on their cots, laughing, and putting on a performance of the "YMCA"...haha!

And yet, I love it...today, one of the little boys said to me (as I was arriving to work) "Miss Sweatshirt, where have you been? I missed you this morning!!"

And Jack, during roll call @ lunch time "I'm right heere!"

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)