Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I'm Thankful For

1. God in my life-- I'd like to believe I've grown closer to him this past year, since I've been through a lot.

2. My family-- my parents and 6 younger siblings. We have so much fun together and have stuck together throughout the years. Technically, I could use up 8 of my "I'm Thankfuls" on just my family... ;)

3. My friends- I've met a few new friends this year and grown with the old ones. I've also reconnected with quite a few old friends, mostly through Facebook. It's amazing to reconnect with a friend after 5 or 10 years. In addition, I am thankful for my online friends. I have met countless wonderful people online, have met quite a few of them IRL, and all of them are precious to me!

4. My job- A year ago, I never would have thought that I would be working as a teacher in the type of school that I am. Nor would I have imagined that I would leave my job as a nanny in MA...oh, how things change in a year!

5. My roommate- Before she moved in with me, I was a total mess. I also had a job I didn't like and was not enjoying living alone at ALL...so thank you Shayna!

6. The fact that I can eat pretty much anything and not gain weight- thanks to my mom's side of the family's metabolism...

7. My skill with young children and babies. The 120+ kids at school absolutely love me as much as I enjoy working with them

8. My health...other than a few colds, my health and my family's has been very good this year.

9. My ability to write mirror image with my left hand while writing normally with my right. I'll have to demonstrate later...haha

10. My parents' friends who are like family to us. They'll all be over tonight to celebrate Thanksgiving with many desserts, bringing their 20 or so children with them. Most likely, they'll be here until 2 am or later...and we always have a blast!

11. My extended family- we had a family reunion in June in the mountains of NH, and ohhh, it was soo much fun! There are more than 20 grandkids now between me and my youngest cousin, who is just 7 months. Yes, we have our differences and disputes, but really cherish our time together.

12. My car- even though I've had it just two months and have already had to put $1300 work into it, it is my dream car. I just keep hoping that each repair is "the last for a while"...

13. $1 movie theater-- seriously the best thing ever. I plan on watching Ratatouille when I get back to town next week. But YAY for cheap movies!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday Thirteen

7 comments:

  1. Your number 9 is crazy!!! I can't wait to see. This is a great list. I, too, did a TT list of the things I'm thankful for. Come on over! I'll link you to my blog after you comment.

    Maria
    www.jubileeonearth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Bethany! I want a $1 movie theater. That sounds awesome! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy TT and Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    I'd love $1 movies as well!

    I was involved in four TTs this week:
    http://www.ravensroads.com/index.php/tt13-summary/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be thankful for a $2 movie theatre, come to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Friday Feast the Chef is away so I put up a feast on my blog if you want to join.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful list---especially the "mirror writing"! I have always wanted to see someone do that!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)