Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Random Things

1. I was reading my old LJ (livejournal) earlier this evening. I began it in '02 or '03, when I was a depressed teen. It is interesting to read my "teen thoughts" and it makes me glad I journal, both on paper and online. I love to look back at things.

2. My parents' 25th Anniversary is next month. I'm working on a present of sorts for them.

3. My youngest sisters are coming this weekend to help with said project. They haven't been to visit me without my mom, and I'm looking forward to their visit.

4. We are going to a Christmas concert and to see the Zoo Christmas lights while they are here. We'll probably fit in some Christmas shopping as well.

5. Most of my Christmas shopping this year will be done at the Dollar Tree this year, I fear.

6. Why? Because in the past 4 weeks, I've had no less than three car repairs totaling more than $1200. :(

7. After Christmas, I think I'll have to find a second job so I can pay my bills and still afford gas and food.

8. I am not a huge spender by any means. Lately, I've been eating small, small lunches and eating cheap frozen pizza or frozen entrees from Walmart. I don't spend much extra money, so why can't I have a job I love and still live?

9. My roommate and I are currently watching the Shrek Christmas on tv. It's actually kind of cute. And gross.

10. I miss reading! Over Thanksgiving, I read 5 or 6 books...need to turn OFF the computer and keep up the reading!!

11. I have a very cute magnet that is of triplet peas. I won it in 4th grade in a silent auction-- the thing is so cute! I'll have to take a picture next time I visit my parents since it's still on their fridge.

12. My coworker came back from visiting her parents in South America. Yay!! It's good to have my co-teacher back so we can get the kids back into a routine. I love how well we work together!

13. She brought my some Brazilian tea and soap. Yay!!

Thursday Thirteen

3 comments:

  1. #6 is bad news! But I hope you get to enjoy the holiday season anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advise to the innocent: You'd better do more than work on a present for their 25th! One word: Party.

    FYI - make sure your camera has batteries. My sister and I are still hearing it about the 50th - when all our cameras went bad!

    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling you talk about in #1. It's sad that I didn't journal most of my life...

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)