Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Give Me Five Monday

I know it's not Monday, but I just found this Meme and had to join in!

Give Me Five things about Christmas/Holiday cards: buying them, getting them ready, sending them, receiving them, displaying them, tips for recycling them, getting/sending 'family newsletters', traditions, pictures, etc.

1. I love, love, love sending Christmas cards!! I try and send them every year to family members, friends, and a few people I don't correspond with frequently but still enjoy keeping in touch with.

2. For the past 2-3 Christmases, I've been participating in a card exchange on my favorite message board. I send 15-20 cards and receive about that many-- so much fun!

3. The holiday/Christmas cards I receive are hung around a door or window on display and stay there until the end of January, probably. Once I get into the Christmas spirit, I just can't stop and hate to take down the decorations!

4. I enjoy reading the "brag letters" people send about their families. Most of the families we get them from have 5+ kids so it's fun to watch the kiddos grow up!

5. Every year, I buy Christmas cards after Christmas. By the time Christmas rolls around again, I have forgotten that fact and the result is many more cards than I need!

Give Me Five Monday

1 comment:

  1. This is a great first GM5 post!! Thanks for participating! I love that you forget that you buy cards...I always forget where I put them away and can't find them the next year! So I started packing the cards with the fall/Thanksgiving stuff in order to find them before I drag out the Christmas stuff LOL
    If you would like, email me at beccagirl@charter.net and let me know you'd like to be included on the reminder email list each week for the Give Me Five meme!
    Also, feel free to please use the badge as well, helps tie everything altogether :) Great first post, glad you could join in!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)