Saturday, December 15, 2007

Weekends

It's been an interesting few days. I left for work yesterday, all packed and ready to join my family a few hours east of here for the weekend. The event?? My sister is flying back to the States after her semester in Europe and I was so excited to see her! A few hours later, my hopes were dashed as I called my mom and learned that a snowstorm was headed our way. It was unlikely that my sister would leave Chicago Saturday night as planned. Well...it is 7 pm on Saturday night and guess where I am? Not with my family, that's for sure! We have gotten a few inches of snow, followed by ice and then freezing rain. It's supposed to turn back to snow later this evening/early tomorrow morning. On the upside, I've gotten presents wrapped, three loads of laundry cleaned, dried, and folded...and that's about it!

I'm sorry sis, that I'm not there to welcome you at the airport, whenever you do arrive!
Love ya!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)