Thursday, January 10, 2008

Friday Feast #175

Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?
I have one middle name (Ann) and then two Confirmation names (Philomena Bernadette). I chose my own confirmation names when I was 12 and wouldn't change them... I still admire St. Philomena, and after being in Lourdes where St. Bernadette is from...no changing it! I would change Ann if I could, though. Reason being that I have always felt like Bethany Ann is repetitive... plus, I'm a baby name freak so to me, Ann is just boring. If I could choose today, I think I'd change Ann to Claire or Abigail. I wouldn't feel bad about losing Ann because I wasn't really named after anyone...if I was, it would be a different story!

Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?
I am positive that I would use fleece and flannel a lot, as I love the feel of them. As for colors, most of my clothes would likely be in blues and greens, or of a tie-dyed pattern. I used to tie-dye years ago and love anything tie dyed! I can tell you this though, I would be an awful fashion designer!! ;)

Salad
What is your least favorite chore, and why?
For some reason, I do not enjoy dusting nearly as much as vacuuming or doing the dishes...

Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?
I have two things that really frighten me- the first one is appendicitis. I have NO idea why, but I've been scared of this for years and years. Once I heard the average age to get it was 12, I've been less scared, but still think of it frequently. The second one is driving on icy roads. I have gone off the road a few times in icy conditions and it makes me weak just thinking about it. Why do I live in a place where it snows??

Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.
I am sitting on my bed...let's see 1) All of my Christmas cards lined up on my wall in an organized display 2) Pile of books I want to read in the next few months and 3) Sticky wall flowers that I found at the $ store-- cheap, but they add a nice touch to an otherwise pretty plain room!

Friday Feast

23 comments:

  1. I don't blame you not liking driving in icy conditions, I work for an insurance company and the number of calls we take went up a lot last week when it was cold and icy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't like dusting, too ... lol.
    Happy FF!
    My Friday's Feast post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like icy roads either after living in MN and OR. Scary! Happy feasting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your feast and I can relate to your salad. Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome feast you got here!:) Come visit me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice feast! Very yummy.

    Mine's up as well, link is here.

    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even think of icy roads, but those totally scare me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your feast!

    mine is also up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the two middle names that you choose. They seen to have special meaning for you.

    I don't like dusting but I chose mopping as my least favorite chore.

    Driving on icy roads is scary. One time I spun my car around and went off the side of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate driving in icy conditions...and it seems every day has been icy here lately.

    Happy Feasting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate the ice too.we once skidded around an icy road and I was terrified. I would also make a bad fashion designer . happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great feast! Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only slid on the ice in the car twice, and the last one resulted in a car accident, because even though I was skidding I was slowing quicker than the car behind me and he ran straight into the back of me.
    Poor guy it wasn't really his fault, more like the guy who had come towards us through a narrow gap even though we had right of way, causing us to have to stop suddenly, but of course as far as the insurance companies were concerned it was the guy who hit me that got nobbled. Not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL on the tie dye. I wouldn't make a great designer either.

    I love dusting (or I should say it's the least of my hated cleaning task).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great feast! My middle name is Ann but I was named after my Mom so I chose to keep it! :) I love flannel too. Not so much fleece! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I said dusting too. I really loathe it. It's just an annoying chore-why won't all the dust settle on the floor instead of the furniture? I don't mind vacumming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have the same soup! I hate dusting too. Also I am glad I don't live where it snows! Happy feasting :D
    Mine's here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sure, icy driving isn't fun, but I wouldn't rather live in any other area of the country :-D

    Come over and do my dishes and I'll dust for you! :-) I don't dust often around here, but I know how, and I don't mind it! :-)

    Plus, I'd use quite a bit of flannel myself.

    :

    Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I don't like alliterative names either, but my name is pretty alliterative. I actually did Fridays feast too, mine is here: http://lifes-adventures.net

    Cheers!!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a great feast here!Have a great weekend!
    Mine is up too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great feast this week! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Jennifer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed your feast, nice interesting answers. I have never driven on icy roads (we don't usually get ice or snow where I live) but I can imagine it would be seriously scary.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh what a nice feast to read.

    I can understand your main course.

    Feel welcome to visit my feast at my blog

    Laane on the World

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)