Saturday, January 05, 2008

January's Here!!


Ah...2008! A time for new beginnings, at least, I hope so! 2007 was an awfully hard year for me, so I've been ready for 2008 for a while now. ;) My first few days of the year have been pretty busy, not to mention fun!

2007 ended with a bang-- I spent the day having lunch with a few friends and then attended a NYE party with my entire family, aunt, uncle, two cousins, and about 50 other people.

On Tuesday we didn't arrive home from the NYE party until the wee hours of morning. The rest of the day was spent sleeping, reading, lounging, and playing games with the kids in my family. The relatives left and it was time to get back to real life...

Wednesday wasn't too interesting. I had a chiropractor appointment and then went shopping with my sisters and mom. My sisters like to shop, and shop, and shop... it drives me crazy! ;) I saw one of my friends with her "new" boyfriend. They've been going out for two months, and at the time they he was married, though separated, and dating another woman. Needless to say, I am not thrilled with this guy. When I met him, he was drunk to boot.

On Thursday I began packing up my belongings in preparation of returning back to my apartment. In late afternoon, we got news that it would be okay to go visit baby Elle in the hospital. Ellie was born Wednesday around 10 pm and she is just precious!! I got to hold her for a while...so adorable!!
Friday (yesterday) I worked from 9-3 cleaning my classroom with my co-worker. Afterwards, my roommate and I went out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and then walked around the mall for awhile, stopping at Barnes & Noble and The Container store to browse, and Half Price Books to buy a few books each. We both LOVE bookstores ;) We didn't get back until about 9, so I unpacked most of my Christmas presents and then went to bed.

It's already 2 pm on Saturday, and I haven't done too much. I slept until about 10, then got a letter ready to send to AEP (they were trying to tell me that I hadn't paid my December bill, when I had...), went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, and made some plans for tonight. S and I are going to hit Mass at 4:30 tonight and then she's going out to dinner with a friend. I'm going to my friend Amy's house, and we'll either go out to eat or eat at her house. I love lazy Saturdays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)