Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Summer job searching

I officially hate summer job searching. I feel like I've gotten nowhere!! I have found:

- the family I used to nanny for...this will be their 5th nanny in a year or so. Lovely...
- a school that wanted to hire me to plan EVERYTHING for the summer...field trips, lesson plans, etc. I wonder if I'd even get to actually interact with the kids?
- people who are looking for surrogate moms...just not for me
- internships at radio stations/ tv stations...

Gah...

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I only got in 2 years of teaching before having kids, so I didn't experience this as much. While I WAS teaching I also worked p/t at a drug store, so I just continued there when school was not in session. Working 2 jobs is not fun, though!

    What about tutoring? Sylvan Learning Centers (they even have online tutoring-I did that for a while, too), or posting your info at the local library?

    Good Luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)