Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #10

I think for my next few TTs I am going to be reminiscing about Europe, where I lived for 4 months in 2004. I visited 14 countries, if I remember correctly... so first up, Switzerland!!!!

1. The most exciting one, IMO-- paragliding in Interlaken, Switzerland. I wasn't planning to go paragliding when I arrived in the country...but a few of my friends and I decided to go for it, since it was a once in a lifetime experience!! This is me mid-air, way up in the air with the Swiss Alps-- seriously the most exhilarating experience EVER!


2, 3, 4 & 5-- the view while paragliding. Can you imagine living there?!?!


6. Up in the Alps-- perhaps Lauderbrunnen? Just a little picturesque village!


7. A cute Swiss house!!



8. Fall in Switzerland


9. Mountains in the US cannot compete


10. Brook running through Lauderbrunnen

11. Another Swiss town


12. Beautiful waterfall- pictures do not do justice!!


13. A quiet Swiss countryside home


Up next week: France!!

Thursday Thirteen

5 comments:

  1. Wow! How beautiful! And look at your happy face in that first picture! Hurray! Thanks for sharing such beauty!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are breathtaking and beautiful!!!!

    Spam Warning :)

    Would you like to join my weekly meme called Heads Or Tails? It's played on Tuesdays but I post mine on Monday nights so the early birds can sign in. It's a lot of fun and is growing fast.. The last one had 53 people playing!

    You can check my right sidebar for weekly theme/prompts and links to the rules and such. This is a really good time to join too because I'm having a contest through the end of the month for players who join the notify list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing pictures.Love it.
    Love Shawny

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I'm jealous! Happy TT!

    Mine is 13 jokes about men: http://blog.mysocalledsite.com/?p=240

    P.S. The TT site wouldn't load for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are amazing. I want to visit Switzerland so bad! I can't believe I never did when I lived in Rome for 7 months! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

    That paragliding photo of you is fantastic. What a great shot - of your happiness and the beautiful landscape.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)