Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Sleepiness

I haven't really been up for blogging much lately. I've been struck by some kind of winter illness-- not fun. I don't have awful symptoms, but have been sleeping a ton. By 8 each evening I am exhausted and more than ready for bed.

We're in the middle of a blizzard right now, and while I'd love to stay up and watch the snow pile up, I haven't been able to stay up past 9:30 the past two nights! Being a headstrong night owl, this is really weird for me.

We had another rough day at school yesterday and my coworker and I were more than ready for Friday to roll around. However, around noon the snow started to fall and rumors flew that the school was closing...definitely not so!! I finally left at 4:30 and was trying to figure out how to avoid the worst roads in town. I normally have two options when driving to/from work; to take 2 highways or take two back roads. However, allllll the roads were awful this evening, so one of my co-workers was kind enough to lead me through a few neighborhoods and then onto a back road leading onto the highway. I was so grateful, prayed the whole time, and really felt a peace about driving. God was definitely with me, since I usually freak out as soon as I slip or slide once. I had no issues this time, and I am so grateful!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we've been sick here, too. My 3 year old, especially. It sure stinks! I really hope you feel better soon. I know it's pretty for hard teachers, too.

    I'll say a prayer for you! I hope you have some good movies to watch while all this snow falls. :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)