Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Funny Kidism

One of the little girls at school is named Daley. Daley provides me with daily (haha) fits of laughter-- she is from an artistic family, a very friendly one...but sometimes she is just too much!

Case in point: Yesterday I was leading afternoon circle and reading a book called "Lemon Sisters" to the kiddos. It's a winter tale, a heart pulling one, but cute enough to read to them. Anyway, I was on this page, one of the first in the book...
Ok...a nice enough page. I asked the kids what animal was on the bed with the sleeping person, and a child raises his hand "A dog!"

Daley raises her hand and instantly says, very loudly:
"It's not a dog it is a beaver!"
"A beaver??" I say, confused. "Why do you think it's a beaver?"
"It has a tail!"
"Daley, dogs have tails, you know...?"
"Oh"

I love the child!

And oh crap, now I'm late for work!!! Maybe I will return with yet another Daley-tale!

4 comments:

  1. That cracks me up! I teach middle school, so I never get anything so sweet, innocent, and just plain funny! Just weird stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. that's so cute!

    Recently I was on the phone with my five year old grandson and I had asked him what he wanted me to buy him for Easter. He told me he wanted some Nintendo game system. I said how about a card and a dollar? He said OOOhhh a DOLLAR!!!

    Kids are so easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, a great story! And you are a wonderful teacher! They must all love you! Thanks for stopping by my Irish TT post! Happy St. Pat's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)