Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!/ TT

Originally posted: March '08

Ah...St. Patrick's Day!! Being over 75% Irish, I was thrilled when I was able to visit Ireland for a week while studying abroad. I tried Guinness, but fell in love with the Irish people and their music instead. The tiny country cottages, the green of the grass that just can't present itself in pictures, and pubs tucked in corners filled with Irish men playing their instruments...it all made me feel like I was home.

My European TT was going to continue this week anyway, so why not make it a 2-in-1 post...presenting Ireland!! I'll link it to the TT later this week :D

Fanmae Beach

Trying Guinness for the first time


Dingle Bay


Cliffs of Moher

Cliffs of Moher!



View from a church we visited


Dingle Bay


One of my favorites-- me w/ an Irish lad ;)


Leamanah Castle


Cliffs of Moher

Dingle again




And a bonus, one of my favorite authentic Irish pubs

Thursday Thirteen

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Did you like the beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs. I think you liked Dingle Bay. :)

    Happy TT. I'm talking about typography on book covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me want to spend a spring and summer walking around the whole country. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking me back to the most beautiful place on earth. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. It's ages since I was in Ireland. Time to go back. I remember Dingle Bay very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics! I've got to try Guinness some day! Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow absolutely beautiful photos! I'd love to go to Ireland. Thank you - I enjoyed this TT very muchly!

    Happy TT-13

    Smiles,

    Holly
    http://theabundanceplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm literally crying and I couldn't tell you why.... longing maybe. It's such a beautiful place. When I went I almost didn't come back. And I haven't been back because... I don't think I'd leave. Funny, eh?

    Thanks for the treat! Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great list!! i have visited ireland twice and absolutely loved it. those are gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ireland is a beautiful place. Did you see a leprechaun while you were there? Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful photos! I love the one of you with the Irish lad. :)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pictures!!! I so want to go there. Maybe on the next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my word! Those are beautiful photos! I hope to visit there someday!

    http://xboxwife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pictures. Breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pictorial TT, one hot Irish lad you found there :)
    Hope you'll drop by The Cafe to check out my 25th edition.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome pictures!! - my favorite is the Irish lad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi.
    Just passing by via SITS to say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your shots of the Cliffs of Moher are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)