Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Interneted Out

I can't believe I'm saying this, but after three days of being cooped up in my apartment, online WAY too much during the Columbus blizzard, I think I'm officially Interneted Out... guess I'll be doing lots of reading this week, YAY!

Yesterday it was back to school after having Monday off due to the blizzard. I was glad to be back, but kind of felt "off" all day. I guess it's due to all the reading/napping I was doing over the weekend ;)

Last night I had a fun night with the Grace Heart crew! We had a small group, just 9 people including me. Watching American Idol with an even smaller group was kind of nice, though! Lexi and I had a good talk during a few of the last performances and that was fun!

American Idol thoughts:

Syesha Mercado- I thought she did a pretty good job, although it started out rough...it wasn't really memorable to me though, so she can go...

Chikezie- I did not like him sitting on the steps in the beginning, tapping his knee as if he was sitting in a country field during the summer months. I am not a fan of Chikezie, but I thought this was his best performance of AI yet!

Ramiele Malubay- I'm not sure why she did a more depressing song. I love the song, but not for AI. She has a nice voice and definitely agree that it was a "safe" choice. She didn't belt it out at all...

Jason Castro- I would LOVE to see him without the dreds, just to see if he'd look less feminine. This guy has incredible eyes! I do love his voice, good performance-- until the last note.

Carly Smithson- Is that a tattoo of herself on her arm? Not sure what to think about that...I liked Carly a LOT in the beginning, in fact she was one of my favorites. However, I felt like she was screaming a lot in this song and it just didn't sit well with me.

David Cook- LOVE the song he did (Eleanor Rigsby), and I think he did an awesome job-- he will come out with a record deal for sure!

Brooke White- being a former nanny myself, I thought it was really sweet that there was a sign proclaiming "We Love Brooke but we miss our Nanny!!" Aww... the song was a sweet choice for her and I loved that she was playing the piano for it...and barefoot!!

David Hernandez- Though I don't agree with his past, I enjoyed him last week. This week...ehh...

Amanda Overmeyer- how is she still here??

Michael Johns- I really enjoyed his performance last night, but I do think he was playing it safe, for sure. I am positive this guy has an amazing voice and vocals and I just don't think we've seen all he can do.

Kristy Lee Cook- Oh man, did NOT like that she made this one country. WAY too fast, also.

David Archuleta- What happened?!?!!? He forgot the lyrics!!! NOOOO!! I think he's definitely safe but he did not wow me like usual

Bottom 3 for me: Kristy Lee Cook, Amanda Overmeyer, Chikezie
Top 3 for me: Brooke White, Jason Castro, David Cook

1 comment:

  1. I am in Ohio too, Cleveland! The blizzard was crazy! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)