Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weekend's Over...

How is it March already?? EEK!

It's been a very busy few days over here in Paradise. ;) Thursday was my birthday... 5 of my friends and I went to Max & Erma's for dinner and then bowling. This tiny bowling alley in our town only had 4 lanes but we had fun!! I love hanging out with friends, especially once I realized that NONE of the people at my birthday party I knew a year ago...how is that for change!!?

On Friday I did a 24 hour fast for my mission trip so at 8:45 am or so I had my last bite of food for a while. I decided on some heavier foods: oatmeal and peanut butter! :) I worked my normal hours (finally! I did a lot of subbing last week) and then packed up a few things. I headed over to church to meet up with a few of the other mission trip-ers and we drove up to an adorable coffeehouse about 5 minutes from my work. We heard a really good singer/songwriter although at the moment his name escapes me. It was funny though because he kept trying to get us to buy coffee, and none of us could drink it! We did all get juice there to help support the local joint. Hehe.

After the music, we had a quick meeting at the church about poverty in Belize (seriously, if you are "poor" here in the USA, you'd be among the richest there.) I am so excited about Belize but am also positive that I'm going to find some kids in the orphanage that I'll want to bring home!!

My friends M, A and myself spent a few hours making bracelets and necklaces to bring to Central America and then crashed, but not before some good girl talk. I've realized how much I've missed that lately...late night girl talk! I only met M and A in January but they are friends that I just "clicked" with and I'm so glad to call them my friends.

I spent Saturday driving to my parents' place and celebrating my birthday with my family. We had a wonderful dinner of chicken parmesan with strawberry shortcake for dessert. YUM!

We didn't do too much today- church in the morning, and then I spent 2 hours cuddling with two month old Danielle...awwww! I love the feeling of a baby sleeping in my arms. =)

~~
More ways people find my blog:
~Last person you imed survey
~Angela Kinsey's favorite color (really? You think you'll find that here?? I think not, but good luck with that! ;)...)
~love kids
~ankle sahm site: blogspot.com (huh?)
~preschoolers eating raw cookie dough (love it!)
~a prayer for safe travel
~warm aunt paradise game (okay!)
~ Catholic homeschoolers Newport, RI (I miss Newport!!)
~ quiz olympic or winner favorite teacher
~what do you wear in the baths at lourdes (the answer to that is nothing...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)