Wednesday, April 16, 2008

13 Things I Appreciate about my Co-Teacher


My co-teacher Aniya is most likely leaving after this school year due to scheduling problems. I am going to miss her SO much...so this post is dedicated to her!

1. We have FUN together, even though we are at work.

2. We are always laughing about something a child, usually Daley, has done...

3. She is bold...what I am striving to be!

4. She teaches me about the culture in her South American country, which is always very interesting.

5. She's not afraid to speak her mind...today, some neighbors to the school were having a cookout because it was a beautiful day, and she almost invited herself over for chicken and beer.

6.She talks to me during lunchtime even though she's supposed to be studying.

7. She offers me coupons for Kohl's and book fairs that she refuses to attend because she'll spend too much money...but c'mon...they're kids books!!!!!

8. We can talk about everything and everything to each other. I hear about her husband's ADD, late night music practices, job searches, apartment searches, and she listens to my same job/apartment issues. Today, I think we talked about a million things ranging from the kids in school, their parents, our pet bunny rabbit, the fish in our classroom, clothing, biology, sex, our parents, parties, bills, travel costs ...seriously. It's awesome. Yea, she was supposed to be studying ;)

9. She follows through with discipline and doesn't seem to miss a thing any of the children do.

10. She listens to my ideas for projects and together we come to conclusions...we are true CO-teachers.

11. She let me not do circle for the first three weeks of school because I was terrified of it...eventually, she gently let me know that she thought I was ready to do it, and that was a boost of self confidence. That was 7 months ago and I've been doing it ever since.

12. We can communicate without words...sometimes all it takes is a nod in the direction of a child and she knows what I'm talking about...and vise versa...

13. When I accepted the job at my school, I was coming from a bad nanny job and was terrified as to what I was getting myself into. Aniya instantly put me at ease and welcomed me, even though I'm sure she had some interesting first impressions of me...for that, I will be forever thankful!!

Thursday Thirteen

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you two have a good working relationship. I know you will miss her next year, but just think about how lucky you were to have her assistance when you needed it most. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your friend will be leaving you. I hope you stay in touch with each other.
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessed with a wonderful co-worker! It's always great to work with people who share your vision and work toward it rather than fight their corner all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like a wonderful person :) It is so nice to be able to get along with a co-worker :) Happy TT and thanks so much for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She sounds like a great friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds like a lot of fun, I know you'll miss her, but hopefully you can keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so glad you've had her. Gosh, what a wonderful friend. Will you stay friends? I hope so.

    Belize is coming soon! :)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you ended up with a great friend when she came to co-teach. You are very lucky! Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice tribute to your co-worker. I bet you are pretty nice yourself!
    Thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to work with someone you like. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely list. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She sounds like a great lady! :) I like people that you can be this open with.

    Hey, you have a cool name--the same as my niece :)

    Thanks for visiting my taxing TT. I have another at http://www.ravensroads.com if you're interested ::grin::

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great relationship the two of you have. You're lucky to have each other to depend on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the best kind of working relationship you can have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How great to have a good working relationship with her. I work from home now and I totally miss being around co workers. I hope you both stay friends, it can be work to get together now and then but so worth it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you will really miss her.
    It's a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like you guys have a great relationship. Its always nice to like your coworkers:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a special ed teacher in London, Ontario I enjoyed your TT very much. I've had a student teacher for a few weeks, and another teacher who can't go into her own school because she is expecting and there is 5th's disease in her school, and I have 5 EAs so I really appreciate having other adults to talk to every day.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)