Saturday, April 05, 2008

So this whole boldness thing??

It all started with a head to head prayer.

What the hell is that, you ask?

I'll tell ya. It's an exercise that we practiced a month or so ago with my Belize mission trip group. I know it sounds weird, and uncomfortable too. And I'm not going to lie to you. Being a usually private person, especially when it comes to praying, it was both for me the first time.

Basically, head to head prayer is when two people, who don't know each other well or at all, sit down next to each other. At first, both pray silently, until one feels led to pray out loud. This was SO hard for me. You pray for something specific in the other person's life that is on your heart. The first time I did it, the woman I was with (who had NEVER met me before) prayed for me to have boldness, and recognize my talents. Dude, she was so right on!

Boldness was something that I'd been struggling with recently, especially in the area of working. My coworker has been with our school for a few years, and this led to her taking the "lead teacher" role automatically, which I was fine with. I am, after all, more of a "leading follower"...if that makes any sense.

I noticed in the past few months though, that I've become a wimp at work. If I noticed something (ex. fights between the boys, especially our hardest boy and another student), I would step away and let her deal with it. There's no real reason I should do that...it's my job to keep the children safe/ discipline when necessary.

Anyway, after this head to head prayer thing, and it being right on, I've been working on my boldness mostly at work. My coworker won't be around next year (which I am truly very sad about, we get along fabulously and I still can't believe she's leaving :( ....) so I've been stepping up and dealing with it...being bold!!

And there you have the story of the blog name change.

1 comment:

  1. How funny, my brother and I were JUST talking about how hard it is to stick up for yourself and say what's on your mind...but it's really important to be able to do that. People will learn they can't just walk all over you (or right past you for that matter) and you get a say in things that you care about.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)