Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday Six 5/17

1. At what age did you move out of your parents’ home (or at what age do you plan to do so)? 17 for the first time...

2. What, in your book, makes someone truly independent? The ability to do something by yourself...be it eating at a restaurant alone, or being financially stable. I think it depends on the person.

3. If you had to live for a full year on a deserted island without any other company at all, do you think you would be able to do it? Yes I would survive...but it would be hard!!

4. Take the quiz: How Independent Are You?




Your Independence Level: Medium



In some aspects of your life, you can be very self reliant.

Making your own informed choices feels great.

But you aren't as independent as you could be.

When things get stressful, you sometimes run away from the hard decisions you need to make.


5. When you have a major decision to make, on average, how many people do you talk to before making up your mind? A few...my mom, maybe my sisters, a co-worker or friend...

6. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being most important, how important would you rate the approval of those closest to you? 6-- While I want their approval, I can stand on my own as well.

Saturday Six

1 comment:

  1. Interesting the focus on being independent. My husband probably would have proposed WAY sooner if he didn't think I was TOO independent. He was probably right--after fending for myself through about a dozen years of adulthood, I had a pretty self-sufficient attitude, even though I was eager to have someone to lean on. He prefers "interdependent" to either independent or codependent. Glad he got me trained so he could marry me--I almost scared him off!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)