Wednesday, July 02, 2008

13 Summer-y Happenings


I hope everyone is having a great summer-- how is it already July?!? Here's what I've been up to...

1. Teaching a little boy with Down's Syndrome. He's 5-- so adorable!

2. Cleaning dorms at my old college. Not glamorous at all, and boring but it helps pay the bills

3. Planning a trip to the NorthEast in August to see relatives/friends/ former nanny family

4. Beginning to prepare for next year's schoolyear. Ach, I still have lots to do!

5. Moving from Big City to the country for the summer...love the countryside, cows and all!

6. Getting ready for my friend Jess' arrival on the 4th. We haven't seen each other in 2 years...!

7. Paying WAY too much for gas- almost $400 for the month of June. Ugh.

8. Finishing up my co-teacher's photo book, which turned out to be adorable

9. Finishing up the school year

10. Going speed dating...yep. It was fun!

11. Going on a date with a guy from the speed dating...my first date ever...eek!!

12. Missing the teachers and kiddles from school...especially in the past week or so. However, I know the next school year will be here soon!!!

13. GETTING READY for BELIZE!!!!! I leave in 12 days!!!!!!

Thursday Thirteen

12 comments:

  1. 400 in june!? Gas is so expensive, isn't it?

    Have fun on your vacation! Sounds amazing! I'm sure it'll be a blast.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound busier than I want to be, but it does sound fun too. Have a great time in Belize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speed dating? Not drug-related, correct? Okay, I give up. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! I thought I was busy...but it doesn't look like you have time to breathe! The Belize trip: where are you going in Belize? Our church does 1-2 trips there each year...at first it was Jaguar Creek...and I'm not sure where they go now.

    Great list! Happy TT...and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First date ever? I hope it was memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joy-filled life. I enjoyed this read.

    Enjoy Belize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, mine is up at 13 Not So Famous Last Words; Most Americans die peacefully in their beds, but for those who die violently one can only guess what their final words must have been. I think that after you read these you will have to agree that they do indeed sound like they might have been the last words of those who did not go peacefully into the night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've been busy!!

    Good luck on your date!!! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sounds like you have been really busy. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've been busy busy, but fun. Have a great time in Belize!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fun! I can't wait to hear about your Belize travels...

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)