Thursday, September 11, 2008

One week down...


Tomorrow will be the end of our first week back to school. Phew!

The napping situation with Mai is not much better. Yesterday, we tried positive reinforcement and explained to her that, if she was able to behave during naptime, she would receive a sticker. She didn't give a CRAP about the sticker and most of the time sat on my lap (unhappy) or on a chair (unhappy) and crying....

She sat in the front office with my boss and secretary for most of nap today, but WAS able to come back and compose herself enough that she was allowed to read a book towards the end of naptime. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

I plan on doing another photo book at the end of this year like the one I made for my old co-teacher in May. I have a copy of it and it's soo much fun to read through.

Therefore, kidisms will absolutely be returning as they are too funny to let fly by! YAY :)

Things are going VERY well with my new co-teacher, Cara. She's easy going and fun to work with. We seem to have the same sense of humor, which is something I really coveted with Aniya. After not seeing Aniya all summer long, I was able to spend a Sunday afternoon/evening just catching up with her a few weeks back. We spent five hours talking, eating and drinking wine...it was more than wonderful to see her, and I hope to continue a friendship with her even though we're not working together.

As an added upside to my new co-teacher, Cara works at Starbucks and brings me free drinks! YES!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first week down! I used to teach Fifth grade and Algebra classes. I do miss it but ow I have 6 kiddies of my own to deal with! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free Starcrack....yum!

    Just read some of your kidisms. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that naps are really important for kids - and that they really need a schedule to follow. I wonder if Mai's parents didn't have her napping at home? That seems odd! Of course, I know NOTHING about children!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)