Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saying goodbye

Usually, I am the one moving and saying goodbye to everyone. Apparently that's not to be the case in the next year or so...maybe something my mom said way back in '97 makes sense now "sometimes moving is harder on the ones left behind"

Today I was informed by not one, not two, but THREE of my friends that they are or hope to move away from Big City in the next 9 months or so. I guess I should have seen it coming, because one of the girls is my old roomie Shayna and she'll be done with school...so of course she'll be moving back to our hometown, 3 hours away.

One of her really good grad school friends is Lyn- and she and I have become close as well throughout the past year. Lyn and have the same awful sarcastic sense of humor, and when I am around her we have SOOOO much fun teasing Shayna. She will graduate a few months after Shayna and head back to her lonely western state.

And the third one is my old co-teacher Aniya... I have a secret hope that her move won't work out, even though I know deep down that it is probably the best move for her current schooling situation. But, I *just* moved to her apartment complex in August and have enjoyed seeing her a few times a month since then. Sure, it's not the 35/hr weeks we used to have, but I'll take what I can get...and now she wants to abandon me?!

Just feeling a little down tonight...three upcoming goodbyes and learning about all of them in the same day is not fun at all!!!

:(

3 comments:

  1. Oh man. THREE friends? One is always hard news to take, but 3?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry! :( That's hard.
    I think that's the one of the hardest things I've dealt w/ since leaving FUS. The majority of friends I made are in another state. It's too easy to get lonely. :(

    BUT...a door closes and a window opens, right? I don't doubt that something great is in your future, Bethany.

    We should meet up some time. lol
    I don't think we're THAT far, right?

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)