Monday, December 01, 2008

December already!!?

HOW is it already December? I was compiling my Christmas card list last night as well as beginning to create a letter to send to relatives explaining what I've been up to this past year... I had to go through my planner, because there were so many things I'd forgotten!

A year ago, I was living with a girl I hadn't known when we moved in together-- and we ended up as great friends. This year I moved in with a friend and now it's like we don't know each other. :(

A year ago, I had probably never even heard of Belize, let alone had a thought in my mind that I would go on a mission trip there for two weeks!

A year ago, I hadn't yet joined the Grace Heart young adult group-- I've made so many wonderful friends through the group, and can't imagine not knowing them or being a part of their group!

A year ago, I would have been devastated to see my paternal grandfather in the state he is now in.

A year ago, jury duty probably sounded pretty cool!

A year ago, I had no clue I'd be spending my spring break with a bunch of high schoolers much brattier than my 3-5 year old students (because, face it, my students aren't bratty, hehe!!) attempting to build porch roofs for New Orleans residents. We did manage to have some fun, too!

A year ago, I would have laughed if you told me 2008 would bring both a blizzard AND a hurricane to Big City, six months apart.

A year ago, I never would have gone speed dating. I might go for the 2nd time this week. Yes, I am pathetically, eternally single.

A year ago, I never would have guessed 2008 would bring my first ever date-- even though it didn't lead anywhere, it wasn't a bad first date by any means!

A year ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of teaching two children with Down's Syndrome-- and yet, Igo and Lana brought me some of my greatest joys (and frustrations!)

A year ago, I never would have guessed that my co-teacher Aniya would leave me...that I would have to step up and be a lead teacher (STILL scary, lol!) or that my new-coteacher would be someone as wonderful and easy going as Cara!


How has your life changed since last December??

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Bethany! Speed dating?! I want a blog post just about that! Sounds interesting. ;)

    You sure accomplished a lot this year. Good for you. I hope this last month treats you well!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)