Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rough Wednesday

I knew today was going to be a rough one when I spilled juice ALL over my kitchen floor...and I was right.

I left my warm apartment well before 8 am and literally slid over to my car, slid while trying to scrape 1/2 inch of ice off of it, slid out of the apartment complex (we had freezing rain last night)

Then I arrive at work, ready to sub, only to find out that the teacher I'm scheduled to work with is stuck in a town 20 minutes away on a country road where she's house sitting and I have to get her classroom ready, do her circle, get the kids going on their work (usually we just go with the flow of the other teacher in the classroom...lol). It wasn't really too bad, but I just wasn't prepared to be the sole teacher at 8 am. Gah!!!

To make things more complicated, our secretary told me that our boss would like to have the school's webpage up by Friday. the 19th. In TWO days. I've been working on it for two months, at my boss' pace but now she wants things sped up...WAY sped up and I have SO much to do for Christmas but told her I would try and do what I can tonight at home and maybe even go in early tomorrow to help out. As I'm finishing what I can do at school without my computer, she informs me that she wants to add another page to the website.

I'm sorry :( I'm just having a rough day and need to vent.

So, how was your day?

3 comments:

  1. Vent away!
    I'm sorry it was such a rough day.
    It seems unrealistic of the principal to expect that, in 2 days. Especially this time of year!

    I hope there is something you can do tonight to unwind and relax. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just said a little prayer that today goes much better for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I left my last job, I told them I would do the website. Well... they sat on it. At 3:00 on my last day, they finally sat down with me and told me a ton of things that would take days. Ugh. Idiots.

    I hope your week has gotten better.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)