Monday, December 08, 2008

Thumb Adventure Continues

Seeing as this is how my hand has looked for the past 2.5 days...

I got a lot of questions from the co-workers, students and parents today at school. The thumb is doing okay...I'm not moving it (hence the white gauze) because if I do, it'll start to bleed again. I took the bandages off tonight since they were only sticking by blood anyway. I cleaned the cuts, explored the skin underneath...it's kinda gross and cool at the same time, if that makes sense! I'm really hoping these cuts heal-- right now they are still pretty wide open. Luckily neither of them bleed much when touched, but then again the finger doesn't have much feeling still/yet. I don't know if it will get the feeling back, and that's weird!

In other news, I am borrowing my secretary's embossing tool for a few days and tried out this easy, fun project- putting tissue paper on $1 candles. Eventually, I might try and melt the tissue paper onto candles that I've made, but not right now. Soooo easy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, OUCH! I hope you recover quickly. Thumbs are quite valuable this time of year. ;)

    On a side note, the candle looks so nice! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candles are cute! I really hope your thumb heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand the gross/cool juxtaposition. I hope it closes up soon and starts to heal. Yikes :(

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)