Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Guess What?

Schools are closed tomorrow-- our first official snow day of the season! Amazingly, it's our FOURTH "weather" day off, which means we only have one left after this. If we get a blizzard again in March like last year, whatever will they do? LOL...

I am having a hard time believing that it is only Tuesday. It feels like it should be at LEAST Thursday... I think because yesterday was a nutty and long day at school-- more about that later-- and then I had to babysit until 9:30, making my workday a fabulous 14 hours. Haha.

Today was much calmer, for the most part. Everyone was back, at least for part of the day, and then the snow started to fall. I guess we're getting a mixture of snow and ice-- hopefully, it will accumulate enough so that even my boss can have the day off. 

More tomorrow...please pray for my great uncle's wife and daughter. My great uncle Tom died last night after suffering a stroke while skiing. His funeral is 13 hours away- some members of my family will be traveling to attend. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. SNOW DAY!!!
    Have you seen that movie? Corny but cute.
    Aidan has a snow day today, too. Of course he is disappointed. LOL I loved snow days as a teacher. ;)
    Enjoy it! I hope you have yummy food inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your great uncle. My prayers and thoughts are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am SO sorry. I'm trying to 'catch-up' by reading a few of your blog entries. How sad! Prayers will go out definitely to your great Aunt's family. That is so sad about your Uncle.

    May the Lord bless and keep him. May the Lord be with your family. I'm sorry this is late, but since we just "met", I still wanted to leave you a comment about it.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)