On Christmas Eve, I was watching "It's a Wonderful Life" while wrapping gifts with my mom. Mom was in and out of the room, but once when she walked in, she glanced at the television and asked me,
"Have you ever thought about how different the world would be if you'd never existed?"
To be honest, at first I said, "eh, nothing would be different..."
But then I got to thinking, and it's been on my mind since that evening. Truth be told, there are a few things that could be different:
- My school would not have a webpage
- My old co-teacher wouldn't have a neighbor close by to walk with
- Elizabeth & Joe perhaps wouldn't be married. They are a couple that I set up in 2002 and now have a son...
- My family's dynamics would be different with someone else as the oldest
- Two of my friends who are close wouldn't even know each other
- Elora, the young, blind girl I led to become a Christian in Belize would probably not be Christian!
- A few porch roofs in New Orleans wouldn't exist...or at least, wouldn't be built so perfectly ;)
- My sister Rachael wouldn't have a doting oldest sister
- My sisters Rachael and Lily wouldn't have made gingerbread cookies yesterday, or a gingerbread house recently
- The kiddos at school would not have a cool new calendar each month ;)
- The kiddos at school would not have a teacher to show them how to make snowflakes
- My brother Bryan wouldn't have a pocketknife from Switzerland...
- My friend Lexi would have no one to chai tea search with in Big City
- My friend Bobi wouldn't have had anyone to go to the Office Convention with
Have you ever thought about it? What would be different? A lot, I'm sure you'll discover. Something to think about :)