Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's 12:30 am.

I have to be up at 7 am

I am sick with a head cold, passed on from school...which means I slept 11 hours last night and apparently means I won't be sleeping much tonight. 

We had a rough day at school. We had to resolve a few parent issues, one very small, one even smaller that the parent blew up to expansive proportions. My boss, patient soul that she is, spoke to the parent via phone, even after the parent had spoken to myself AND my co-teacher. All over a sandwich crust, if you can believe that. Seriously nuts. 

I found out that one of my students, due to turn 5 in March, will no longer be allowed to drink chocolate milk after her birthday. She is also having belly button surgery. And no, I'm not kidding. Parents are weird. No offense to all of you parents. Must be just the ones at my school ;)

Anyway, I won't be around at all this week. In addition to this lovely cold and my usual work schedule, I have to sub three mornings, babysit two evenings, have a babysitting meeting with prospective clients, decide if I'm going to take on another website job I've been offered, go to my young adult group, and hang out with one of my friends that I haven't seen in way too long. And that's just Monday till Friday. 

Have a good week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Dropping by from sits. I hope you managed to get some kind of sleep. Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.
    And no offense. Parents can be and ARE weird.
    My 2nd year teaching I had one who was queen of blowing things out of proportion. And she always compared her daughter to the other kids in the class, which drove me crazy.

    I admit to having some weird tendencies as a mom. lol But hey, as long as I know it, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cupcake: I'm feeling much better now...definitely needed some serious sleep and didn't get it that night!

    @ Sharon: Thanks. Yep, this mom sounds like the one in your old classroom. I knew she was a bit extreme but really never expected this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belly Button surgery? What is that? Is it cosmetic?

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)