Sunday, January 25, 2009

Makin' Friends

I found a lovely woman named Kasey who started a fun Monday blogging activity..so I thought I'd participate!

Random Things About Me

1. I am NOT living with crazy roommate next year...but have absolutely no idea what I should do. I'm tired of moving and have toyed with the idea of buying a house...

2. More than anything, I want to be a wife and mother. I look around at all my friends and wonder why I can't attain something that was so easy for them.

3. I love going for random drives, especially in the spring and fall when the air is warm. I crank the music and roll down the windows!

4. I am having a lot of issues feeling like I don't "measure up" to people lately. I feel like I'm not good enough for them, even though I do my best.

5. I am taking a First Aid Class on Saturday with lots of co-workers and am dreading it. I don't mind the class, but the fact that we're going to have to do exercises..eeeeek!

6. I am struggling not to fall into the pit of depression again, between the roommate drama and the fact that it's blah and snowy every day.

7. I love to read, but haven't taken much time for it recently. I need to shut off the computer more, methinks!

8. I really enjoy "working out" on my trampoline :)

9. If I had the money, I might actually buy a Wii, I have a ton of fun with it!

10. I could watch every episode of "Friends" and not grow old of watching it. One of the show's dvd's can usually be found in my DVD player, just waiting for me to push play!

7 comments:

  1. Bethany

    I have to say that some of the things on your list made me a little sad. I have added your name to my prayer journal. I will pray that you will see that you are valuable and that you have been placed here to impact someone's life, something I know you are doing but just aren't aware of.

    Humor me and make a new list. This time try to write 5 things that other people see in you! Write it on a piece of paper and when you need a little boost read it. I'm sure this list will be drastically different.

    Living in Florida but being a Mid-Westerner for years I feel your pain of the dreary no sun days. I hope your trip to my Sunshine State pans out. The sun is such a healer for all things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bethany,
    Enjoyed your postings. I find the dreary wet weather in the uk terrible for my mood. I have been a depressive for 25 years and recently had a major depression 'crash'. As a result I started a blog as a therapy for me.
    At the moment life is pretty bad, but I draw inspiration from your courage. Although I have resigned myself to never being without depression, I just hope I feel better and lose he crushing despair soon.
    All the best and will follow your blog.
    http://www.strayblackdog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, I hope things are looking up for you soon. I think you are a wonderful, caring person, and do as much as you can for everyone else.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Friends. I've been catchign the late night reruns lately and forgot how much I loved the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm so glad that you joined my little monday get to know each other activity. It sounds like you are going through some tough times right now. One of the reasons I love blogging is because I have met so many wonderful women that make me feel encouraged and lifted up daily.

    Just know that people care for you and everything will work itself out if you put your faith in your heavenly father.

    I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth - PSALM 121 v 1-2

    I hope you have a great day and that we continue to get to know each other! Keep your head up!...and I like friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smile girl.. you are YOUNG! You have LOTS of time to become a wife & mommy... do all of the fun stuff NOW while you still can! (If I were you I would go get a job om a cruise ship ..(they LOVE teachers for the kids programs...) Sail around the Caribbean & find a cutie.. (thats what i did.) Sunshine, Fun, Travel & a guy to girl ration of 10-1 (those are some good odds girl!)
    Cheer up & remember you have your whole life ahead of you. DON*T spend your 20's worrying about measuring up...its a waste of time... (been there done that!)

    SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on #3...love long drives with sunroof open, windows down, music cranked up, and singing my heart out...so theraputic!

    Also, I would love to have a WII too. My seven year old is definately with me on that wish list. (I want the WII Fit!)

    Smile it will help light up your day! Also, laughter is good for the soul! I have a wonderful poem about a soulmate that really helped me through my single years. I'd love to share it with you if you would like. Just let me know!

    It is nice to meet you! Have a great weekend! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)