Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday, Wednesday...


It's been a snowy, beautiful day here! I just came in from spending an hour (seriously!) cleaning off my car. I'd estimate we have about 6-7 inches of snow, but underneath that is at least a half inch, in some places probably an inch, of pure ice!

I haven't really done too much. My new camera arrived, and I've watched a few movies. It's just the kind of catch-up day I've been needing. 

Because Monday and the Friday before that were such wacky days at work, I've really been appreciating my co-workers-- especially on Monday! We have twelve people who work at my school, 10 of whom are in classrooms on a daily basis (including me). On Monday, my co-teacher and two other teachers were out (one took a wedding planning day, one was at a funeral, and one out with a horrible flu). As a result, I was running in between two classrooms from 8-11, trying to help whoever needed it the most before my official shift began at 11. My co-worker Cara, especially (we have two Cara's, one is my co-teacher and the other is my co-worker, confusing I know!!) was SUCH a help. She's the one who hurt herself on Friday, but she kept popping in to see if I needed to use the restroom, get a snack, needed any help with the kiddos...she's awesome!

Anyway, I'm off to read for a while. Eventually I need to pack for the snowy, freezing cold Northeast :)
What are you up to today?


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by on my SITS day last week...I love all the comments and felt very appreciated. Sorry it has taken me so long to share bloggy love back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, kudos for you for holding down the fort while all those people were out.

    The pictures are gorgeous. I love the look of the black and white with the snow. It is very classy.

    By the way, I forgot to mention in my other comment. I think it is so cool how you like Christian chick-lit. I'm actually Catholic and love to read Christian chick-lit. Have you ever read Laura Jensen Walker? She is next on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)