Thursday, February 19, 2009

Candles



I've been going a bit candle-making crazy lately...but it's SO fun and really relaxes me, so I'll roll with it.

I recently had to throw out the first mold I ever received back when I was 11 or 12 and began making candles. It was an adorable tiny beehive mold and I used it for many of the Christmas candles I gave to my co-workers.

The beehive mold

I was bummed, but bought a few more molds when Aniya and I went away on Monday. I also stocked up on scents and colors, and purchased 8 scents on Ebay that arrived today. My favorites so far of those are MacIntosh Apple and Amarettto-- the apple is so fresh-smelling!

Without futher ado, here are some picures of what's been consuming my life on weekends and after work...that is, when I'm not babysitting or at a young adult group event... ;)

Kitchen while candle making is in session...


Christmas stash


Bubbly top (no idea how this happened!)


Vanilla


Pillars for Aniya


Fun experiment (wax poured in and swirled, tiny pink and red flecks, filled with pure wax) I was impressed with the way this one turned out :)


11 comments:

  1. What a very cool hobby! I have a friend who makes candles and paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I had no idea you made candles! VERY cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by!
    Awesome candles. I may have to try that sometime when I don't have little fingers around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...I bet it is a little therapeutic to make them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps...i gave you an award today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cool hobby, I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so fun. I bet there are so many different cool molds. I wonder if they make any cat ones. That would be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Bethany, they are wonderful. I love dipping candles. Next time you're in town, we'll dip some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- that is amazing!! I would LOVE to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool! what a neat hobby! this is something I'd love to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are AWESOME!!! SO pretty! I wish I could do something like that - I can make a stop at the store to pick one up...making them is another thing. I'm not talented like that. I'm not crafty. I wish I was.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)