Friday, February 06, 2009

Facebook


I've found that while I LOVE facebook (not to mention that I'm completely addicted to the thing)...sometimes I have issues. 

Hear me out. (or not.)

I'm "friends" on facebook with lots of people from college, a few from grade school, friends I've made since moving to Big City...and my co-teacher and co-worker. Don't get me wrong, I love working with them both, along with everyone else at my school. I enjoy visiting with them at school. 

But...

sometimes I just need to vent about a work event, but either they don't know about it (and shouldn't) or I don't really want to lay it out on Facebook. We all comment on each other's statuses and walls and I just feel weird mentioning work on facebook. 

Most stupid post EVER, I know...so are you friends with your boss/co-workers on facebook? Ever talk about work stuff?

5 comments:

  1. Almost everyone I know is "friends" on facebook with their boss. I find it really creepy, and am sooo grateful that no one at my work has ever friended me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, this is not a stupid post, but a very legitimate concern, considering facebook's popularity!

    I have decided not to friend workmates or tell them about my blog, for this reason. It would be too awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone in my life knows about my blog, so i am used to needing to be careful about what i say and don't say. i will say as time has gone on i care less and less... as for facebook, same thing applies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a stupid post at all. Believe it or not..I have some friends and family that I wish I could vent in front of on my MySpace page. I avoid doing it when I really want to.

    Do they know about your blog? Only a few know about mine because this is the place where I want to be able to vent at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan- Yea, I can't imagine being friends on facebook with my boss. She barely uses email though, so I'm safe!

    Kilax- makes sense. I'm usually okay with being friends w/ my coworkers it's just every once in a while when I'm like...arghh I want to vent about work...lol

    Rachael- Totally agree! I was looking through my "friends" on facebook last night and was realizing that some of them might be offended by things I've said...but oh well!

    Jodi- nope, no one at work knows about the blog...only a few people in my "real life" know as well.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)