Sunday, February 08, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday

From Kasey

1) My favorite book is: Anything by Christian fiction author Karen Kingsbury. Hers are the only books I actually buy, and only then because I pass them to my sister, Mom, and then read them again! Another favorite of mine are the Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn. I read them as a young teen and continue to read them at least once a year. :)

2) I drive a: 2000 Subaru Forester and LOVE it

3) My favorite type of food to eat is: Italian

4) My favorite dessert is: lately, Paul Newman cake!

5) My favorite movie is: Tie between 27 Dresses and Get Smart

6) When I go to Starbucks I get a: My co-teacher Cara works there, so it varies because she's always bringing me new things to try! My favorites are iced chai latte and vanilla bean frappachino right now

7) My favorite vegetable is: Corn, I think...

8) My favorite thing to wear is: jeans, since I never get to!

9) My favorite color is: cerulean blue

10) I decorate my house in this style: oceanside if I could!

11) Right now I am reading: The Middle Place, by Kelly Corrigan


12) If I could vacation anywhere I would go to: H
awaii, where it is nice and WARM!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany - nice to meet you. How are you liking "The Middle Place"? It looks like it could be a fairly depressing read??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany --

    This is so fun! I will have to try that Paul Newman cake - it sounds great! Have a great week!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also participated this week over at Kasey's, and I am a HUGE fan of Karen Kingsbury. The funny thing is is that my mom actually buys the books right when they come out (the new ones), reads them, and then passes them on to me to read, and I keep them! I have a bookshelf full! What a deal! And, I'm the one that got my mom hooked on them!! Nice to learn a little about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh, I might go to Hawaii too. I'll just go skiing in the winter and to Hawaii in the summer...now all I have to do is come into some money (hehe!) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hello! I am with you on taking a vacation to Hawaii:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make something similiar to the Paul Newman cake. I use chocolate mix for the cake, and when it comes out of the oven, I poke holes all over and pour a can of sweetened condensed milk, then a jar of hot fudge, and then a jar of caramel. Then top with cool whip and health crumbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I chose Hawaii too! :) Nice and warm and tropical not like snowy Ohio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am coming over from Kasey's. I am totally with you on the jeans, I was a teacher before I had our first son and I remember how much I loved wearing jeans on Fridays. I also love the movie 27 dresses. It keeps you going throughout the entire movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi- Nice to meet you too! The Middle Place is really good, but I can only read it in spurts, I'm finding. It is a bit depressing, though inspiring, if that makes sense!

    Jen- Definitely try it-- sooo good!

    Heidi- Too funny about the books. She's the best :)

    Kasey- Sounds good. Hawaii always sounds good to me, though!

    Casey- Sure, anytime!

    Andrea- that sounds exactly the same (or super, super close!)

    Leah- seriously...although we had some crazy warm weather the last few days, did you?

    Miller- We can't wear jeans on Friday, I wish...that'd be awesome. We *can* wear them on Halloween though if it jives with our costume ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bethany,
    Nice to meet you. If my 3rd born had been a girl her name would have been Bethany. I love the name! I also love Karen Kingsbury, I have read everything. Her books are what everyday people go through. I'm with you on the Hawaii trip, not so much Starbucks though. I love coffee, ust not theirs. I know I am a minority! I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)