Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Give Up

I'm done even suggesting anything fun happen on/around my birthday in terms of dinner with friends, game night, etc. 

I'm done.

There is way too much going on on my birthday...
- broomball tournament, which is totally fun but means any church friends are unavailable
- concert by one of my favorite bands (but it's at a conference so the likelihood I can go is slim anyway...)
- my friend's "not boyfriend" is coming to town that weekend, which means she will just want to hang out with him
- Cara and Hope (from work) are both unavailable...one will be celebrating her fiance's birthday and the other will be out of town at a conference that's been planned for months and months

I swear, people, I'm not a nasty, selfish person but sometimes I feel like one :(

1 comment:

  1. What a bummer :( I hate it when everyone is busy, especially on your BIRTHDAY! That is the one day of the year you are allowed to be selfish.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)