Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thankful


I stopped by my mailbox after returning to BC last night, expecting to find nothing but bills and ads.

On the contrary, for once!

The first piece of mail was from my dad, an unromantic guy if there ever was one...yet he sent me a Valentine's Day card! Aww...

And then I got to the second envelope. There was no return address and I didn't immediately recognize the handwriting, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I opened it and was greeted with a monkey valentine (did you know I LOVE monkeys??) along with such a sweet note from my friend Lexi, letting me know how much she values our friendship (as do I!) Definitely keeping this note forever, as I may need to refer back to it someday... ;)

I know sometimes she reads here, so if you are reading, THANK YOU!!!! Totally made my day, friend! :D

4 comments:

  1. Oh good! Mail is so nice to get. (when it's not bills!;)
    I miss real mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, feel free to drop by anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that wonderful when you get an unexpected card like that? That is the sign of a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for valentine's! I love getting cards. I got Steven a monkey card this year. He likes monkeys too :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)