Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thursday already?!



How is your week going? All of us at work thought it would be a super long week because we haven't had a 5 day work week in FOREVER...but it's flying by!

Yesterday my co-teacher Cara and I completely rearranged our classroom. Not everyone at school has seen it yet-- including my boss. According to my co-worker Holly, NO ONE has rearranged the room in YEARS. So...we'll see how that goes over. Boss is usually pretty good about letting us do whatever we want (within reason) in our classrooms but I'm not sure what she'll say about this.

Speaking of co-workers, Holly and I are still hoping to go to Florida for spring break-- only about 6 weeks left! Holly invited her co-teacher, also named Cara, to come along so we'll see who ends up in sunny, wonderful Florida! :)

I had an adventure with a friend of mine last night. Aimee and I attended a small singles group that she is interested in joining. Since it is on the same night as my Grace Heart group, I was mainly just along for moral support. I love Aimee dearly, but she has OCD/anxiety/depression to deal with as well and needed someone to check the group out with her. The actual singles group was fine, although everyone was SO much older than me, so not a young singles group.

However, AFTER we left the singles group was another story! As soon as we started driving, Aimee noticed that her car wasn't driving correctly, pulled over and walla- a flat tire! We pulled into a tiny shopping center (think pizza place and beer/wine joint) and eventually called AAA. In the end, I arrived home about 2+ hours after I was expecting to, but it's ok. We were in a shady area and some creepy people stopped by...let's just say it's a very good thing Aimee wasn't alone.

Anyway, off to work for me-- have a great day, all!

4 comments:

  1. I would not have thought re-arranging your room would be such a hot topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're safe after your little "adventure". Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first full work week in a long time too - wah!

    I am happy AAA came to fix the tire and you two could be together - that could have been really scary for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally think God arranged it for you to go with her...thank God she wasn't alone with the flat tire and thank God you both are OK.

    Sorry the singles group thing didn't work out for you. Before I was married I went with my friend when I was in my early 20s like you and the same thing happened.

    What is Grace Heart if you don't mind me asking? It sounds like a Bible study but I may be WAY OFF! LOL!

    I hope that you enjoy your Friday and that is cool that you have rearranged the room. It gives everything a fresh perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)