Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Shopping

I woke up early this morning (considering it is Sunday and I'm on spring break, that is!) 8am is early in my book, bordering on semi-normal times to wake up. ;)

Anyways, I hit an early church service, stopped in to see my co-worker Hope at her 2nd job, chatted with her for a while and then jetted off to a huge shopping center nearby. I went to TJ Maxx, Buckle, Auntie Anne's, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Macy's, The Container Store, Goodwill, Old Time Pottery, and Wal-Mart. I was shopping from 11 until 3:30ish...super duper long for me, since I'm SO NOT a shopper. As an upside, I had gift cards that covered most of the things I bought, so that was cool!

I ended up with a pair of flip flops, two candles, multiple picture frames, an assortment of photos and paintings/wallhangings from Goodwill, a kitchen pan, towels, measuring cup... below are a few pictures of the additions I made!

Decorations on the living room wall

Close ups

Other side of the living room




What you see when you walk in the door...

Heading down the hall...random pictures on the wall...

Kitchen/dining area (yes, I need a table...)

I think it's coming along...it's certainly no designer home, but there are pictures that remind me of places/people I love and that's what is most important to me :)

After the decorating was complete (for the day anyway) Aniya and I took an hour-long walk around the neighborhoods surrounding our apartment complex. It was beautiful here today, in the 60s and sunny! I also finished another book, Soldier for Keeps by Jillian Hart- I really enjoyed it...

Hope you had a great Sunday-- the sunnier, warmer weather is definitely something I'm loving!!

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from SITS! Sounds like you had a fun and successful shopping day. Love the beachy theme of your artwork. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
    may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

    I love this...always have! Thanks for stopping by this morning. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good finds! I love the pictures and wall hangings. It is so relaxing and comforting, with the water and all. :)

    I would have loved to go to ALL of those stores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of shopping! :P

    I love your photos! I like how they are kind of "random" on the wall. I think that adds character and interest to the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good, Beth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping at my blog!

    i like your ocean/beach pictures. things like that seem soooo relaxing to me!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)