Sunday, March 29, 2009

Update

Thanks for all the prayers, ladies. I'm doing better today...

I was hoping the message at church would speak about relationships, but no such luck, lol! ;) 

In my heart, I know there is (probably) someone out there for me, but my mind (and my younger sisters!) likes to play tricks on me. Today I received a text from my sister Amata, informing me that some guy at college asked her out on a date. Sadly, my first reaction was not a "Oh wow that's awesome!" but rather a "What??!?! How not fair?!" My sister is almost 21, a social butterfly and is asked out on dates far more than I ever am. Still, I'll come around. 

Why is it, though, that I feel like I'd be happier in a relationship? All my life, I've wanted to be a mom. Yea, I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. But really, that's where I am right now. I love my job, don't get me wrong, but I want to be done with the business world. I want to be home with my kids, have wanted that ever since I was a tiny girl.  As I explained to Aniya earlier this week, even if I need to care for someone else's child/ren a part/full time in order to stay at home, that's fine. I LOVE taking a passel of kids to the library, the park, zoo, museums, kids concerts, doing crafts with them...it's my passion, really. 

SAHMs, consider yourself blessed, even when you have a rough day!

3 comments:

  1. Checking in from SITS. Wishing you a beautiful week. My best. Zen Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. Oh, how I remember being there not that long ago. I would spend time playing with everyone's kids...I would PRAY for God to release me from my singleness.

    I know it's hard, but wait upon God. He will fulfill your desires beyond whatever you could dream up for yourself.

    I have been married for almost five years. (We both came into the marriage with children. My daughter was 13.) He is the MOST amazing man I have ever met...and I can't even find a flaw in him. Well that's not true...he chews loud...but what can I do about that? LOL.

    I just wanted to encourage you.

    Thanks for visiting my blog during the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think patience is so hard when it's our dream we're talking about. Obviously this is your dream. I can truly appreciate and understand your frustration.

    I'll pray God's timing will meet your heart's desire sooner than later. And of course that he leads the right guy into your life...SOON! ;)

    Can you try to see anything great about your current lifestyle/status? You know, the grass is always greener, true. But if you can see at least ONE thing, right now, about what is good about being single, working, etc, then it may help the patience come a little longer.
    Just a thought.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)