Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Whaaa Kidism

Since I STILL can't post anything about this, and it's KILLING me...I'm trying to think about what else I can post about. 

One thing came to mind. Well actually two, but the other is how my birthday was and I'll post that in a bit. This is a more lighthearted post and I need something upbeat!

It got warm enough last week that we were able to go outside for a few days in a row, which was awesome! About mid-week, I had a group of kiddos outside with me while Cara was inside cleaning. 

One of our 5 year olds ran up to the water fountain, attached to the back of our school. After finding out it wasn't working (because it's still too cold, but he didn't know that!), AaJay ran over to me and proclaimed, 

"The water fountain does't work! You should bring the prisoners here to fix it."

In my mind, I responded, "What?!?!!"
With my mouth, I asked him, "Why do you think the prisoners can fix the water fountain?"

"Because they do all of the work"....

and then he ran off to play, leaving me to think about it for a while. Didn't get far really, the "what??" just kept coming back!

Now, AaJay does have an interesting family. The kids are pretty well behaved, really sweet for the most part actually. But the parents...well lets just say they say things in front of the kids at school-- "A tornado is coming!!!" or bring their kids to school when they are still sick. They've lost a lot of respect at our school and I can totally see the parents telling their kids that prisoners do all the work. What the parents have told their kiddos about what THEY do for work, I'm not sure. 

Anyway, I just thought it was funny :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree. Super funny story. Kids say the craziest things. Sometimes they are appropriate, sometimes they are not.

    Overall, they are always worthy of a post.

    Enjoyed this!

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying Hello!! I hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying Hello!! I hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh. You really gotta wonder what his parents told him!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)