Friday, April 10, 2009

Birkenau, Poland- 2004

It's been a busy day! I subbed, so I was completely on the go from about 7a-6p. Cara woke up this morning extremely sick, so she was sent home around 3:30-- hopefully she's resting up at home, because she looked miserable. :(

Work was quite enjoyable today. Kids who graduated from our school were there to visit, and subbing always gives me more of an opportunity to catch up with my co-workers. I succumbed to lots of teasing due to my secretary and I wearing matching coats and black pants/shoes. Hehe. 

We also had a bunch of students out due to traveling/birthdays/Easter so I was treated to a fairly quiet afternoon of dominoes, go fish, reading books, cleaning shelves, organizing work, and listening to Adam's new tall tale. Apparently, he has a brother named Brayden, 5 years old, who is invisible. Brayden lives behind Adam and stays home with Adam's mom...Adam has quite the imagination. ;)

Due to the lack of students, we only had FIVE for nap time. I spread them all out across the room, since we usually have double + 1 or 2 that for nap and the room gets crowded. After skipping into the kitchen, proclaiming my good news, I grabbed a piece of chocolate and suddenly my co-worker Cara (not co-teacher) proclaimed, "I hate you!".  I knew in my head she wasn't serious but just kind of stared blankly at her like, "WHAT?!" for a second before she backtracked and said, "No, I don't hate you- I love you! I hate that you're so low though!!" LOL...you know, at least I have a good camaraderie going with the co-workers. I'm not looking forward to summer for that reason- I'll miss the girls!! Of course, my boss wandered in during the middle of this conversation, which was a little awkward. Haha.

I have lots of kidisms to share from the past week, plus some kiddo book reviews, but I'll post them tomorrow. It's too late to think! I have tomorrow to rest up, and then I'm going away on Sunday for Easter. My co-worker Hope invited me to her parents' house about two hours away, so we'll leave mid-morning and return in the evening. Hope actually has Monday off but since I'm subbing for her, we have have to get back fairly early. Oh, the irony...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I miss those days. I used to love naptime. SO peaceful....most of the time!

    When I was an administrator, if I was having a bad day I would go into the rooms and help. Always a good time!

    I'll just live vicariously through you now if that's okay!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)