Monday, April 20, 2009

Country Girl Goes Home

Gaming, Austria- September '04

I finally went to my parents' to visit this past weekend. I hadn't seen them/been home in seven weeks, so there was a lot to catch up on and I didn't have enough time to do it all-- but oh, it was GOOD to be home!!

Soon after I arrived home, my dad went up the hill to collect some manure from a neighboring farm for the garden. Thinking he'd be fine, and ignoring my mom's advice, he began to drive through their front yard (a field, literally) and got stuck in the mud since it had been raining for days... So, this ol' country gal did what any country-raised daughter would do-
I pulled on the barn boots, traded my jean skirt for some shorts, and headed down the hill to help shovel the manure off the truck. I love the country life...seriously!!!!! When I go to my parents' in the summertime, I offer to mow the lawn. I'm weird like that.

Since Saturday's weather was SO beautiful, I also spent some time lying on the grass, just enjoying a book and the sunshine...

I also took Lily and Rachael, my two youngest sisters out for ice cream. We frequent a tiny, country ice cream shop...they didn't have their picnic tables up yet so we ate in the back of my car. Do you think we look alike at all? Ignore my face in the pic with Lily, I was goofing off ;)

Saturday evening most of my family went to watch my brother Sam perform in "Beauty and the Beast". He was Lumiere and did a FANTASTIC job...he would kill me if he knew I posted this, though...

4 comments:

  1. Aw, seeing that picture of Gaming gives me the warm fuzzies. Home!! It's almost been TEN years since I was there. :( Way too long! Could I borrow this picture sometime? It wasn't digital cameras when I went.

    Reading your description of your family/home makes me want to go there! lol Looks so nice.I'm glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Lumiere picture, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I miss Austria so much. I am so glad you had a nice visit with your family. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos of you and your family! And your brother's costume is amazing. WOW! Were those real flames?

    I am happy you got to go see your family. What a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)