Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kidisms

"Colored Pencils" by Alexa, age 5


A few kidisms to kick off the weekend...

Adam was asked to sit on the bench outside because he'd been throwing the mulch, over and over. After he sat there for a few minutes, I went over to talk to him. I asked him if he knew why he was asked to sit down, and he said, 
"Yes, because I was throwing the mulch."
I asked him, "Why would you do that?"
Adam replied, "My ears don't always work ever so well"

~~

Another day, we went outside even though it was quite windy. Adam was wobbling around like a little drunkard, so I asked him what was wrong...
"The wind is trying to blow me over fast!"

~~

We were talking about ancestry around St. Patrick's day, so one day Jake proclaimed, 
"My family came from the cavemen. That's why I like noises"
(Seriously, this kid will be in an A cappella group at some point. The noises that come from him are SO annoying right now, but will be cool later in his life...)

~~

After a nap, Spenderson noticed his hands had the print of the cots...
"My hands look like they are from the olden times!"

3 comments:

  1. Stopping in from SITS. I love the things kids say! It is so innocent, observant, real. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so at first I thought you were saying "colored pencils" were a kidism and I was wracking my brain, being like, I swear that's what they're called! Sigh, it's too early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that there are many days when my ears do not work so well either...especially when it comes to my kids.

    You might even go as far as to say that it is a good thing.

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)