Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sanity Day

Yes, this is me...compliments of one of my students ;)


I've been really overwhelmed lately. Between the stomach virus, a cold I STILL can't kick after almost two weeks, subbing, work, babysitting, trying to stay connected with friends and family, I just can't seem to catch up on life!

Seeing as I've been subbing so much lately, I'm DRAINED when it comes to work. I LOVE my job, I LOVE the kids, I LOVE my co-workers but I've been arriving at work just not able to give it my all lately. I wished away the day, which I absolutely hate doing. So, at the suggestion of a few of my beloved, well-meaning co-workers, I took tomorrow off. When my boss asked what I'll be doing with my extra day, I didn't let her know it's a sanity day...but I'm going to go insane if I don't take some time to chill, breathe and enjoy this beautiful spring weather. I know I deserve it, so why do I feel guilty about taking ONE day to just catch up?

Hopefully, the extra time will allow me to take a walk in the park or something just as exhilarating ;)

3 comments:

  1. First. I love your blog layout. It' so fun looking. Second.. your comment here in your comments is sooo true! Third.. thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

    Ok.. you said, "Between the stomach virus, a cold I STILL can't kick after almost two weeks, subbing, work, babysitting, trying to stay connected with friends and family, I just can't seem to catch up on life!"

    Is it any wonder you need a day to catch your breath to say sane? It seems you have a very full plate.

    Why do you feel guilty? Hmm. Are you one of those "I can do it ALL" people? If you are, then maybe you need to read the hypothetical disclaimer.. Doing it all includes taking a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a mental health day! Everyone needs one from time to time. Don't be guilty. Have a great day; enjoy the peace!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)