Things I love about teaching...
- there are always stories to be told at circle(today about baby elephants, frogs and turtles)
- it's hard to be bored with 20-30 kids hanging on you at any time
- when there is cleaning to be done, most of the children LOVE to help clean
- when the teachers are re-organizing the work, the kiddos love to give input about what THEY want out and what no one plays with
- there is always someone willing to hear a story, book or otherwise
And on snowy April days (GAH!!!! SO not happy about it!!)...
I spend my time playing with the wonderful kiddos.
We brought out the dominoes...have you ever tried to teach 4 and 5 year olds how to play this game? I was surprised at how well they did, actually. It's one of my favorite games :-)
Leaping Lizards is another favorite we pulled out of the closet. It's really too young for my older kids, but they enjoyed it anyway.
I also found a box we hadn't used all school year called Constructables. Most of the boys at my school LOVE to build with anything-- K'nex, Legos, Thomas & friends, so when we dragged this set from the closet and one of them built an airplane/car/train. It will be fun to see what else they come up with this week!