Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Snowy April Day

Things I love about teaching...

- there are always stories to be told at circle(today about baby elephants, frogs and turtles)
- it's hard to be bored with 20-30 kids hanging on you at any time
- when there is cleaning to be done, most of the children LOVE to help clean
- when the teachers are re-organizing the work, the kiddos love to give input about what THEY want out and what no one plays with
- there is always someone willing to hear a story, book or otherwise

And on snowy April days (GAH!!!! SO not happy about it!!)...
I spend my time playing with the wonderful kiddos.

We brought out the dominoes...have you ever tried to teach 4 and 5 year olds how to play this game? I was surprised at how well they did, actually. It's one of my favorite games :-)

Leaping Lizards is another favorite we pulled out of the closet. It's really too young for my older kids, but they enjoyed it anyway.

I also found a box we hadn't used all school year called Constructables. Most of the boys at my school LOVE to build with anything-- K'nex, Legos, Thomas & friends, so when we dragged this set from the closet and one of them built an airplane/car/train. It will be fun to see what else they come up with this week!

3 comments:

  1. Monkeys!! I am always in awe at your blog look - I'm still too lazy to even make one good header, much less always have an awesome new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new blog look!!! Seriously, I'm having bog envy. ;)

    Aidan recently got his first dominoes. I haven't played w/ him yet, but so far he seems to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog look! Love it! It's always so much fun reading your blog. It reminds me so much of my teaching days. What age group do you teach? Do you have any spring or Easter craft ideas you could post for toddlers? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)