Thursday, April 09, 2009

Super Easy Easter Project


Since we've been stuck inside most of the week due to cold weather, I came up with a simple craft to do with the kids yesterday since most of what they were doing independently turned out like this
and it's the week leading up to Easter...so I came up with a little something.

I used an old soap dish to trace lots of construction paper, making egg-like shapes.

I then cut pieces of paper in squares, circles, triangles, straight pieces and curvy pieces, then used a tiny hole punch to make small circles. I turned the soap dish upside down to hold all the pieces, and the kids went to town on their "Easter Eggs" :)

Cara and I had fun making them as well, and we added all the finished ones to our April calendar wall!

7 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! Aidan will love this. Maybe today we'll do that. Thanks!

    I think you should post more pics of your classroom like this. So fun! It makes me miss decorating my room. I loved that part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Mena will enjoy this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. see, that...that right there is why I am not cut out for the younger set. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative!

    And thanks for visiting Three Words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Easter decorations....those are super cute.

    (Jumped over from SITS.)

    Come on over to my blog, I have a super cute Monogram Bag giveaway going on!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)