Monday, May 18, 2009

Flower Halos

One of the kids began bringing Cara and me flowers and requested a halo made out of them. Before we knew it, we were roped into creating halos, rings and necklaces for 20 kids. It was a busy afternoon!

Do you tie the stems together?

Or slide them inside each other?

And you know you're jealous of my flower ring from Aly!

As an aside, one parent, while picking up his daughter who had a "flower halo" on her head, said "Oh, nice. A weed hat." Thanks, man. Haha.

6 comments:

  1. Slime will make a great alternative to weed hats ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and it caught my eye that you work in a Montessori setting school. I am working on my AA in early childhood education and am learning more about Montessori schools and others. And I've so far like how Montessori schools are set up. So I've liked reading your posts about your experiences with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt that just like a man?

    Thanks for visiting me last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to make those all the time. Mine were made a little different though, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to explain how. I would love making those and pretending to be a princess and then feeding them to the horses. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great! I bet the kids loved them. I used to make them every now and then. I would slide them inside eachother not tie knots. Both look great though! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weed hat...ha ha ha.
    Nice.

    They're beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)