Thursday, May 21, 2009

Procrastination

If there's one thing I can do well, it is procrastinating. I'm doing it as I type! Haha.

I'm supposed to be packing for my weekend away with friends. We're going to a lake about 5 hours away- I'm TOTALLY looking forward to it. A few days away from technology life and work to just relax, hang out with Lexi and some new people...

But here's the thing! I have NO time to pack tomorrow, because we have graduation early in the morning. Afterwards Cara and I are either going to walk around the zoo and then get lunch/ice cream (we got gift cards!) or just do the latter depending on what time it is. Then I have to (maybe) go home for a bit and get downtown to Lexi's house for the trip. 

So, I need to pack tonight. Swimming clothes, hiking clothes/shoes, hangout clothes/shoes...

which means I need a list...

which means I need to think. 

And thinking? I can't do it right now. 

If I think, I'll think of our last day of school, which will inevitably lead to thinking of my kindergartners, which will make me cry. Plus, I found out today that a set of twin girls at my school, who have come SOOO far in the past two years, won't be returning next year. I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to one of them. Besides that, one of my special sweethearts is also leaving, and she left me the sweetest gift. I'll blog about that later. Can't see through my tears right now. 

Sigh. Need to find the energy to pack, somehow. Parents, graduations may be hard on you, but they are also hard on the teachers. Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't I think of that? It must be so hard as a teacher to see the kids leave and maybe never see them again! :(

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)