Monday, June 08, 2009

Father's Daughter

I feel like I'm reminded multiple times a day how much I resemble my mother in looks and mannerisms- but sometimes I think I have 0% of my father in me!

This weekend, I was reminded this is certainly not true.

As I was awake at 4 am to take my friend Hope to the airport and saw the sun rise, I thought,
"Wow, how beautiful...I wish I drank coffee! I would sit on the patio and sip coffee, watching the sun rise"

My dad LOVES mornings, much more than I do- so that was a sweet thought!

On Sunday after Mass, I arrived home and immediately opened all the patio doors and windows in my apartment, letting the sun and summer breezes float through- is there anything better?

My dad is a country-raised boy- he grew up on 20 acres with chickens and sheep. Never did he come across air conditioning until later in life and he absolutely hates it. In the car, windows go down. In their house (which they built in '98) there is no A/C!

Yep, I am my dad's daughter!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Did you go to Steubenville? I also love the fresh air in the house...so peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped in from SITS! I too, am my father's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly relate to the 4am coffee thought. I love coffee at 4am!

    So not like your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)